Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Jones
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing a game last night and it came to a point in the game where I was wondering if there could be a variant where you could move your gnome from one property to an different one?

I was thinking during the placement phase you could rearrange your gnomes how you wished for that turn. Anyone every tried this?

I am sure they limit the number of gnomes to prevent all the properties from having gnomes, and make them special ninja, but at certain points some of the properties unlocked gnome powers don't matter anymore and the gnome just sits there so it would be nice to rearrange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make for an interesting guild. Pay one to move any 1 Gnome, even other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that would be a good one for sure!

What about another space by the Kings Court that you had to put a worker to move the gnome.

The guild idea is good but it would be randomly selected right with the others.

I was thinking about a permanent option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
This would make for an interesting guild. Pay one to move any 1 Gnome, even other players.

I'm not sure about being able to move another player's Gnome, especially so cheaply ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I am talking about moving your gnome only. A guild to move someone else s gnome might work but I would like to find a workable way to move your own gnomes around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cranfill

Schertz
Texas
msg tools
We've talked about it, but I beleive the issue that we determined is you would then lose the ability would you lose the ability on the property that it unlocked? Therefore, if you were able to do that it would play like the centaur.

I.E. You take your Gnome from your bank which gave you an extra gold and move it your pub to give you a super dwarf...so you would lose the extra gold be gain a super dwarf or vice versa.

That could be a good house rule. Create a Guild that gives you this ability like Jkayati suggested...I like the kings court options that you recommended (Nexus1967), but you would need to limit it like with hiring dwarves and elves (2-payer 1 spot, 4-player 2 spots, 5-player 3 spots) and have a cost of 1-2 gold. The other way would maybe use the hiring an elf and/or dwarf plank to move a gnome. I guess you can play with it and see. =)

An intriguing option might be to add a interactive guild that allows you to pay 3 coins (Maybe 4) to the player of your choice to hire away their gnome. That might be to big of a swing in points though (because if you have a gatehouse could lose a majority or minority in a district). Or create an assistant that allows you do that for X cost (Spring X=2, Summer X=3, and Autumn X=4 or reverse order). Therefore there is a chance that it might or might not show up, and early on might not be something that people are interested in.

Just my 2 Cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.