Popular Tags: [View All]
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't sure where to post this, hopefully this is right.

Anyways I'm still somewhat new to games and haven't bought to many (unless your my wife then I have bought way to many). Anyways I have two games I want to get rid of but not sure what is the best way to do it. I've seen the marketplace here but I started reading about math trades and seems a bit confusing to me.

So what would be my best option? Remember I am new to selling games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Math trades are a good option since you get stuff in return meeple. The system seems confusing at first, but it's all quite logical once you try it out. Don't hesitate to pm me if you want some pointers! Our beloved Rahdo also did a very detailed video series on math trades, if you can spare 1.5 hours of your life .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking to shrink your collection and please your wife, then sell. The marketplace is great though ensure you take shipping into account. While math trades can technically net you gift certificates, they are best if you are goal is to keep your collection the same size but make it "better" (i.e. more suited to your play style). Again, keep shipping in mind. I consider a $10 shipping charge to trade a game I don't like for a game I do like a great deal! Even better, though, are no-ship trades. San Diego tends to have one or two per year. If you're willing to drive up to LA for Strategicon, they should have a pretty good no-ship trade in May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moramis wrote:
If you are looking to shrink your collection and please your wife, then sell. The marketplace is great though ensure you take shipping into account. While math trades can technically net you gift certificates, they are best if you are goal is to keep your collection the same size but make it "better" (i.e. more suited to your play style). Again, keep shipping in mind. I consider a $10 shipping charge to trade a game I don't like for a game I do like a great deal! Even better, though, are no-ship trades. San Diego tends to have one or two per year. If you're willing to drive up to LA for Strategicon, they should have a pretty good no-ship trade in May.

Thanks for the replies and yes I still want to keep adding games so math trades seem like the best option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.