Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated my VASL to 6.03 and whatever the latest Vassal version, and noticed the LOS tool no longer works the way it used to--it just counts the range now. Even the options about "verbose LOS" and other stuff in the older version is gone. I d/led the latest maps from the VASL map bazaar, fwiw. Is there something else I need to do to get the full LOS functionality?

I have my older Vassal/VASL install on the computer, so I can go back to using that, it's more just curiosity about the latest version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they have removed these options because there were many situations that did not work properly.

Maybe in the future is set back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I found the LOS tool very useful in the beginning, and when I'm rusty (about 6 mos. out of the year ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Kearny
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
madDdog67 wrote:
Thanks! I found the LOS tool very useful in the beginning, and when I'm rusty (about 6 mos. out of the year :)).

Hi John,
Thanks for the post. I didn’t realize you could have two VASSAL installs; now I’m able to play guys who have upgraded as well as those who did not. Thanks!
Not sure if you are aware; you can hit F10 draw the LOS line. Just click on the board to get the counters back (my heart skipped a beat when hitting F10 again didn’t bring back the counters. Yikes!)
Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.