Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I got my B&R copy last week, but I did 'my homework' and read an online printed copy of the game in advance.

Definitively it suits well within the Men Of Iron family, and for those of us familiar with the rules, there is no major issue here.

However there are always a couple of sharp edges to rub off, so here are my questions, thanks in advance for your wisdom and comments:

1-At 14.9 about Pursuit it says that non-retired and non-artillery units should not be included within the % of troops that pursue an enemy fleeing battle...however the Player Aid Cards states that missile units cannot pursue either, something the rules do not specifiy...can the LB/A/HG pursue or not?

2-At 6.3 it mentions that if a whole Army was moved in the previous activation and the player wants to move it again there is +1 penalty in addition to the continuation attempt; also it stays that if an Army is composed by a single battle this +1 penalty is also applied. It is a single penalty (either for moving a whole Army or just one battle Army) or two penalties (one for the Army, one for the battle)? In the rules wording I understand it is not, but just want to be sure.

And least but not least, my congratulations to Richard Berg, Ralph and everyone else involved in this game production; it is simply great and awesome!! You guys put up an excellent, second to none work here!!!

For all of us the wargamers, THANKS!!!

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Jumval wrote:

1-At 14.9 about Pursuit it says that non-retired and non-artillery units should not be included within the % of troops that pursue an enemy fleeing battle...however the Player Aid Cards states that missile units cannot pursue either, something the rules do not specifiy...can the LB/A/HG pursue or not?

We made a change late to let non-artillery missile units pursue and it looks like the Player Aid Card did not get updated. The rules are correct.

Jumval wrote:

2-At 6.3 it mentions that if a whole Army was moved in the previous activation and the player wants to move it again there is +1 penalty in addition to the continuation attempt; also it stays that if an Army is composed by a single battle this +1 penalty is also applied. It is a single penalty (either for moving a whole Army or just one battle Army) or two penalties (one for the Army, one for the battle)? In the rules wording I understand it is not, but just want to be sure.

If you are rolling for Continuation after an Army Activation and somehow you only have one Battle left, both DRMs would apply.

Jumval wrote:

And least but not least, my congratulations to Richard Berg, Ralph and everyone else involved in this game production; it is simply great and awesome!! You guys put up an excellent, second to none work here!!!

For all of us the wargamers, THANKS!!!

Jumval

You are most welcome, I hope you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.