1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » News

Subject: Hunter Hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/mercs-recon/...

Just announced as a Stretch goal for Recon. A new hero The Hunter!

I now understand why the Myth Pledge is $40 now

I do wonder how he will be different from the Archer tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
30 percent more "hunty"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Archer will likely retain her sole propriety on the 'hit within range any target of choice' ability.

Beyond this, we must wait to see what interesting deck mechanic will be introduced with this hero. Very exciting for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about this yet. The collector in me wants them. My wallet says I spent enough on Myth so far for a while. Time to let the fun catch up with the expense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need to get into that mindset. At this point I'm becoming more collector than gamer, it seems. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
Not sure about this yet. The collector in me wants them. My wallet says I spent enough on Myth so far for a while. Time to let the fun catch up with the expense.

You still have 31 days to see exactly what gets unlocked for Myth and to evaluate if they are worth the $40 (or $56 if you don't live in the US).
And on that time, probably more information about all of them will be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
pinkymadigan wrote:

You still have 31 days to see exactly what gets unlocked for Myth and to evaluate if they are worth the $40 (or $56 if you don't live in the US).
And on that time, probably more information about all of them will be available.

Yep, letting the pot boil for a while. No harm, I have it starred in Kickstarter, I'll get my 48 hour notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Important info needed for those pledging the Myth Level for the Mercs: Recon game:

Will the Myth Level Pledge include ALL the components for the qualifying stretch goals, including BOTH the Myth game stuff AND the Mercs: Recon game stuff? Or will it get only the figure and the Myth-related parts of the qualifying stretch goals?

Also, will there also be female figures for these crossover heroes/agents?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also curious what the Hunter's mechanic will be. Also about alt gender and sleeves. At this point I'm most likely going to pledge for the Myth pledge, but part of me is trying to convince myself to get the whole shebang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hatchhermit wrote:
I'm also curious what the Hunter's mechanic will be. Also about alt gender and sleeves. At this point I'm most likely going to pledge for the Myth pledge, but part of me is trying to convince myself to get the whole shebang.

maybe he will use some traps ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Lykken
msg tools
mb
Maybe he'll have a pet mechanic. I could dig that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghedjennar wrote:
Maybe he'll have a pet mechanic. I could dig that.

Even though he is not a crossover itd be awesome if he was combined with Conner.
Looks like a bad asz team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct in thinking that Brian said there are only 2 crossover items?

So this would be the last crossover item?

Or, am I mistaken and he didn't say that, and there is potential for other crossover items...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Or, am I mistaken and he didn't say that, and there is potential for other crossover items...?

I don't know why, but I thought 3 was the magic number. Was it in an update to Myth backers maybe? I'll have a look back and see.

Might have been daydreaming. I don't have any info on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad that they've made a Myth only pledge level because I don't like crossovers (I am still not a fan but at least they've made them accessible). My main issue is that I won't have Myth before the Recon Kickstarter ends so I won't have had any time with the game, nor with the current characters, to make a decision on whether I want these. But the exclusive nature of them makes them a get them now or miss out deal which is a pita. Although it does make actually just pledging $120 for Recon more tempting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Martin Jansen
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
Is this prist just a alternativ model to a upcoming hunter hero (like the spriggan), or is he totally unique?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there is more Myth content because $40 seems pretty steep for a single Hero and Agent card. I don't want to say greedy but if there were a couple more Myth items unlocked I would feel better about pledging.

Though my opinion might change once I actually get Myth to the table (received the tracking number today!!!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sprengermon wrote:
I hope there is more Myth content because $40 seems pretty steep for a single Hero and Agent card. I don't want to say greedy but if there were a couple more Myth items unlocked I would feel better about pledging.

The other way to look at this is that they are only 1/5 of the way through the Recon campaign so at this rate there should be 10 crossover pieces for Myth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Myth Update 104 wrote:
First, since Myth related content will be revealed throughout the KS, we won't say exactly what is going to be revealed. That must be discovered along with the Recon backers! All we can say is that we guarantee you the price will be well worth the goals.

Nothing about only two. Sounds like many more to come.

Olemja wrote:
Is this prist just a alternativ model to a upcoming hunter hero (like the spriggan), or is he totally unique?

Nothing confirmed, but the current assumption is "totally unique".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Actually it is confirmed to be 2 currently. This is Merc's response to someone asking if the first mini was the only cross over

"There is one more Myth crossover tied into the Stretch goals, and one that is an add on."

So the 40/56 pledge nets you a grand total of 2 crossover figures excluding the addon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zexius wrote:
Actually it is confirmed to be 2 currently. This is Merc's response to someone asking if the first mini was the only cross over

"There is one more Myth crossover tied into the Stretch goals, and one that is an add on."

So the 40/56 pledge nets you a grand total of 2 crossover figures excluding the addon

I think that there will be much more in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zexius wrote:

My confusion is that the $40 pledge for the Myth crossover(s) does *NOT* let you do add-ons, so if one of the add-ons is a Myth crossover do we get it as part of the $40 pledge or do we have to do it as an add-on, which we're not allowed to do at the $40 pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
Zexius wrote:

My confusion is that the $40 pledge for the Myth crossover(s) does *NOT* let you do add-ons, so if one of the add-ons is a Myth crossover do we get it as part of the $40 pledge or do we have to do it as an add-on, which we're not allowed to do at the $40 pledge.

Really?
You can't do add-ons at that level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you choose the $40 Myth pledge level then you get all Myth crossovers that are unlocked as part of Recon, whether they are free or optional add-ons for those backing Recon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
If you choose the $40 Myth pledge level then you get all Myth crossovers that are unlocked as part of Recon, whether they are free or optional add-ons for those backing Recon.

Quote:
Pledge $40 or more
Myth Level - Receive stretch goals pertaining to Myth. Only Myth related stretch goals are received. Stretch goal must be unlocked. Additional Purchases not included.

Estimated delivery: Jan 2015
Add $16 USD to ship outside the US

I took this to mean that you get all unlocked stretch goals that pertain to Myth ONLY, but not any Myth-related add-ons with the $40 pledge. I don't see anything that would keep you from purchasing add-ons by adding money to your pledge. But it also doesn't state that you can, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.