Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Good strategy against 3 fire spray? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone that have a good strategy vs 3 fire spray build. My main problem is that i cant kill the first one fast enough before it turn away and the two other comes in and start blocking the way.

Any helpful tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:
Anyone that have a good strategy vs 3 fire spray build. My main problem is that i cant kill the first one fast enough before it turn away and the two other comes in and start blocking the way.

Any helpful tips?

Higher pilot skill ships, preferably with Boost and/or Barrel Roll. Some PS4+ TIE Interceptors can pretty easily stay out of at least some of the Firespray arcs while maneuvering into position for high quality shots (often at range 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took one down using Chewie + 2 b's. I focused everything I had on 1 slave. Took it down pretty quick and he tried to do the same. But I had a higher PS and won that race. Then I had numbers, position and that was that. Also if you have smaller ships they are more maneuverable so you can dodge asteroids easier use them to block etc... If you can stay out of arcs and deny fire through collisions you should be able to get a win. I don't think what you are flying matters as much as how you fly it. The key though is if you can take out 1 of his ships fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Asteroids and Action Denial.

I've not played against dual Firesprays that were flown in formation. I've never flown against triple firesprays flown in formation either. Unlike the falcon, you have to point the firespray at an enemy to shoot him. This means if you fly through asteroids to attack, they have to fly into them (or at least toward them) to return fire, and I have no idea how a formation of 2 (much less 3) firesprays can stay together when flying toward tightly packed asteroids.

As for action denial, it is a lot easier to place a low pilot skill in the pat of a big ship because the chances of collision are so much greater. And when you disrupt the movement of a big ship, it typically has a larger affect on the formation.

It sounds like from your post that the first Firespray does a pass on you, you do damage, and then before you can kill it the second wave comes in while the first one did a hard turn and is now flanking you with his rear guns. So basically you are letting your opponent do exactly what he wants. If you get in there and crash a couple of his ships and disrupt his formation, it will benefit you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff: I only play Rebels

Chris: Yeh i read your report and i think im gonna try your list it feels very solid.

David: He kinda circles back to where he started. Aye he gets to do what he wanted to and i lost the Store Championship cuz of it. I think the strength with the 3xFS build is that you cant really disrupt his formation cuz all he wanna do is be able to shoot at you all the time and thats not very hard with em. I must add i was playing a two Falcon build when i lost against him.

Thanks for the cool feedback guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B-Wings with Ion Cannons, Fire Control Systems and Adv Proton Torps.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
B-Wings with Ion Cannons, Fire Control Systems and Adv Proton Torps.

-shnar

Im really no fan of torps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had two of the above, you could obliterate a firespray on turn 2:
- Ionize with both at range 3
- FSC gains target lock
- Assuming the Firespray is ionized, you know where he's going, fly into range 1 and focus
- Fire the 2 Adv Torps, chances very good of killing (1 + 1 + 5 + 5 - evades).

It's impressive to see it in action. And the B-Wings are very sturdy ships after they've used their torps.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would this build look like and is it tournament viable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:
Jeff: I only play Rebels

Oh, in that case:

iNano78 wrote:
Higher pilot skill ships, preferably with Boost and/or Barrel Roll. Some PS4+ TIE Interceptors can pretty easily stay out of at least some of the Firespray arcs while maneuvering into position for high quality shots (often at range 1).

Wedge or Luke with PtL and Engine Upgrade (and R2-astromechs) work well. So does Tycho Celchu + PtL. In fact, my dual Firespray squad lost to 2 A-wings after taking out Wedge the other day... But I think lucky die rolls were partly to blame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.