Popular Tags: [View All]
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmb
Hello

Can you tell me,please, how this game plays with 2?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty good. About the same as with more, as there's not really much player interaction. There's a bit more of a direct race to finish first, to not take the dirt tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bordelon
United States
Deerfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have played 3 times with 2 players, and once with 4. They did play similiar, since there is little player interaction in this game. I did like 4 better, because the race to be first was more fun with 4, and it the competing for rides and riders was tougher with more players (making going first even more of an advantage).

But, i still enjoy 2 players for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
The 2p is pretty easy, if you want to play 'seriously' I recommend sticking to 4p, but for relaxed gaming it's a great game for two. It's ideal game with girlfriend or wife, even non-gamer one.
You can adjust the difficulty slightly by using different player order tiles, haven't played in a while so can't remember which ones for harder/easier, but it's in rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your opinions. BGG is such a great place to be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In our experience, the 2-player game devolved into the race of rolling the dice only once and then quitting, due to the enormous swing in dirt between the two players.

The rules even state the following: "In a two-players game, the Bonus and Malus for the First and the Last player could make a big difference, expecially if one of the two players is not as experienced as the other. We suggest using the Second player token instead of the First player token for your first few two-player games."

After the suggested first few two-player games, we were left feeling the 2-player game was just not thoroughly tested, for players optimizing to win.

As Max wrote above, however, if played with an attitude which is less competitive and more of a park-building experience, it would be a fine activity with attractive components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wifey and I aren't really into the quick rolling mad dash rush type of dice games, like this one and Escape, so we just play the game by taking turns and depending on when you stop rolling, that's the card you get.

Example...
If you quit after your first roll, you get the 4 broom actions from the 1st card
If you quit after the second roll, you get the 2 broom actions from the 2nd card
If you quit after the third roll, you get no broom actions from the 3rd card
If you continue to roll, you can keep going until you wish however you then take the 4 dirt penalty from the 4th\last card.[/list]

We find this doesn't take from the overall experience for us in terms of the theme and building our park and competing against each other but YMMV.

Everything else we play according to the rules. We though of limiting the rides to make it a little more competitive but haven't tried that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.