Legend of the Five Rings» Forums » Strategy

Subject: General Deck Building advice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graeme McIntosh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, I have just purchased one of the new Ivory Edition Clan tins and I was after just some advice as to how best to construct a deck, how many personalities or holdings should go into your dynasty deck, should it be 20/20 or more personalities or more holdings, the same for the fate deck,what balance of followers, focus cards, strategies etc makes for a good deck. I'm not after what specific cards I need, but just some general advice for now. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I suppose the first thing I'd suggest would just be playing with the preconstructed starter decks for a bit. They're reasonably constructed, and playing with them can give you a sense of what you do and don't like.

However, in very rough terms, for a generic military deck in Ivory Edition you're probably looking at something like:

Dynasty:
17-18 gold-producing holdings
20-22 Personalities
0-3 Events/holdings that do not produce gold

Fate:
9-12 attachments
1-3 Rings
and the rest Strategies

To begin with I would not worry about focus values unless you are making a dueling deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
I can recommend the very good L5R site www.l5r.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme McIntosh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers guys. I will no doubt be back with some questions and seeking advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have chosen a faction (you may not have yet) then I would also recommend the various faction forums. They will have sample deck lists up that you can look at for examples/inspiration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.