Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sass
United States
Akron
Ohio [OH]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When can a potion be used and does it cost a MP to be used? Not sure if this is treated as a non-combat action like interacting with an object on the board or a reassure draw or if this is something that the hero can do at any time. Also can the hero use the potion on someone else or must the person who wants to use it currently have in in their inventory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United Kingdom
Whaley Bridge
High Peak
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware, heroes can use their potions at any time at no cost.

However, given that there are rules for trading items between heroes in the game I would guess that potions can only be used on the hero with the item in their inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it has to be in your inventory, and costs a non-combat action (MP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sass
United States
Akron
Ohio [OH]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find a definitive rule in the book for either question. Maybe I missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
it has to be in your inventory, and costs a non-combat action (MP)

Have you asked Brian? I can see this going costs 1 MP or use for free. I think, though it could have changed since then, that when Keith used a potion in the extended gaemplay videos, it was free.

But I'd say you must definitely have it in your equipment, and you can only use it during the HC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Seale
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can potions be carried over after a story? My guess is no because they are like gold & serendipity but thought I'd check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rabidroadkill wrote:
Can potions be carried over after a story? My guess is no because they are like gold & serendipity but thought I'd check.

Technically, they're an item, so you could choose to keep one if you have a least one title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules don't say, of course, but they do repeatedly mention that you mess with your inventory during refresh phase with no cost, so my assumption was the same is true for potions: use them (or anything) in your inventory during refresh, no need to spend movement points.

Would be good to know definitively though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sass
United States
Akron
Ohio [OH]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official response from Brian "Heroes can drink potions at any time for free."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.