Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

First off I have been a huge fan of Columbia Games for a while. Having played many of there past games I enjoyed them all for the most part.

However, until there last kickstarter (Bobby Lee) I have never owned one of there games.

I received my copy last week and opened the outer shipping carton and placed the game on my game shelf. Due to my commitments to my business and my family I did not have a chance to even look at the game let alone open it for several days.

Fast forward a few days and I set aside some time to open and read the rules and hopefully get my first play in.

However, as I retrieved the game I noticed pretty bad damage to the sleeve and one corner of the game box....Bummer but not a deal breaker. Then, upon opening the game I was immediately confused. This was a block game right, wait let me check....yeah it is. Well maybe I missed something, let me check again. Then that is when I noticed not only were there no blocks but no stickers for the blocks......what..?

So I reached out to Comunia Games with expectations that I would just have to buy another set of blocks, stickers and if available another box and outer sleeve.

This is my first experience with Columbia Games and was floored when I received an immediate response asking for more details. After a short few minutes after answering there questions I received another email stating they are going to ship me a complete second game on Monday.....FOR FREE...

WOW...WOW...WOW...

That is so amazing of Columbia Games.

I immediately purchased another game directly from them (Napoleon)... not solely based on this experience but my decision to do so was much easier because of it.

I look forward to there next kickstarter which should go live soon. I will be there to support this great company.

In the mean time I am seriously considering donating my first copy of this great game to my local library. I will need to buy the blocks and stickers I guess or perhaps a P-n-P of the stickers placed on some homemade blocks.....any suggestions.

Living on the beautiful island of Maui hawaii we are blessed in many ways. However, there are NO true gaming locations or FLGS here on the island of Maui.

Now for the GMT cameo....

I reached out to GMT games last year when they were offering two free games for economy troubles and asked if they would consider donating the two games to my local library in hopes to start a local gaming area for everyone to enjoy. They immediately responded that they would not only send two free games to my local library but also send me two free games as well for reaching out. From that experience I also have purchased over 10 games and expansions directly from GMT with serval on the P500 list currently awaiting fulfillment.

The moral of this is when companies show true commitment to there customers and the gaming community in general, I am responsive in supporting them. I am sure I am not alone in this thought process, so I decided to share my experience with both Columbia Games and GMT.

Here in the islands we say PONO, or to do what is right (righteousness).

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Columbia Games & GMT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing your story.

If you ever make it out to Oahu, hit up The Oahu Board Gamers.

They are a great bunch of people. There's also some semi-decent game stores as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.