BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: And Mosch wept rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
Today, I went recycling. I loaded up all my old trash, drove off and soon enough I was chucking crap into appropriate bins.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him approaching.

His hair cropped short, his eyes both weary and cold, like a man who has seen it all and lived through it to tell the tale. His clothes clean and functional - no tie, no flashy accessories, a working man's clothes. Shoes of simple, brown leather adorned his feet, his veiny hands gripping a slightly translucent trash bag. This was a large trash bag - the kind of trash bag that hold serious trash. No fuss, no frills. A working man's trash bag.

And within in, spied through the blue tinge, Pachisi. A working man's game. A robust game, clear rules, obvious goal. No victory points, no fuss, no frills. Save your men or you lose.

He was determined. He hefted the trash bag, now closer to the bin than before. It's contents shifted. What, more games?
I.Q. 2000. Obviously the game of a man who values his intellectual pursuits, who demands mental stimulation when his hard day of work is over. The game of a man who does not passively consume this night's television program. A game to be played with family, like Pachisi, to aid in the enjoyment of togetherness and the warmth of each other's company. A game for a sound mind.

What is this? Another game? Doubtlessly this trash comes from the home of a wait, is that a first edition of Loopin' Louie? Excuse me, sir, can I...

With a quiet grunt, the trash bag rolled through the air, breaching the lip of the container and trusting its fate to the compactor, becoming part of the filth that would soon be kissed by the fires of the furnace.

Today, I wept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's when you tell the guy "Hey, that Loopin' Louie game you just threw away is worth about $200 on ebay." Misery loves company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
Didn't have it in me. I didn't even want the games from him, I just wanted him to not throw away something quite valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have tried doing a slow motion leap while yelling "Nooooooooo!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.