16 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Agent and the Hunter heroes, starting gear? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the Agent and the Hunter heroes that could be unlocked in the Recons goals have starting gear or will you have to use starting gear that is meant for another hero? i saw it comes with the board token, mini, and 31 hero cards but nothing stating it also adds its own "noob" gear.

I wonder because i like letting my team be whoever they want to be and id rather not have one person want to be the Hunter and another the archer (from the base game) and say "Sorry you cant be archer because the hunter has your quiver, be something else"

Edit: So it looks like the agent is not a hero like the Hunger is. So i guess my qustion only involves the Hunter and if he has is own starting items.

Anyone who has gotten the spriggen yet know if it came with its own starting gear or if its sharing one with another hero? that might help answer this question if so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to go back and read it, but I don't believe the Agent was a hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Agent is an Agent, but the Hunter is a hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the stretch goal for the Hunter it's clearly written "Hunter Hero & Deck".

So the Hunter will have his specific deck of cards, which is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
Yep, Agent is an Agent, but the Hunter is a hero.

Ah yeah your right

Rhezuss wrote:
On the stretch goal for the Hunter it's clearly written "Hunter Hero & Deck".

So the Hunter will have his specific deck of cards, which is awesome!

Yep will be very nice, just wish i knew more about if it has to share starting gear or now V.V

and now that i think about it. do the spriggen exlusive have its own starting gear i never thought to look, that one ill find out when i get the game i guess but will be one of the first things i check lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I very much doubt the Hunter (or any of the other extra heroes) has to share starting gear with any of the other classes. Starting gear is unique to each hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that there will be at least some starting gear and some upgraded green and blue cross bow items,... Luckily there are already multiple quiver upgrades so that may not be as much of an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I'm sure that there will be at least some starting gear and some upgraded green and blue cross bow items,... Luckily there are already multiple quiver upgrades so that may not be as much of an issue.

Lets hope, it just worrisome when thy list whats included like 31 hero cards, token for board and so on, but gear is not listed. ^,..,^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they say that the Trickster, Spriggan, or Skald got starting gear? (I can't remember.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobDoctor wrote:
Did they say that the Trickster, Spriggan, or Skald got starting gear? (I can't remember.)

i did not see anything about them having starting gear ether. did they send those with the first shipment or second? because if anyone has it id love to know if they do come with gear of there own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about starting gear but I think the item expansion has stuff for new heroe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
None of the stretch goal or add-on heroes are being sent out until Wave 2, so no-one has seen anything other than the base game hero classes yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Arpin
United States
Baltic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't thought of starting gear being an issue but it is a good question.

Another question I have is will be able to get hero deck card sleeves for the Hunter. All the other classes will have their own sleeves so it would be nice to be able to have that continue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
The Spriggan has no gear, he makes his own items with his action cards.

But yah, you would think the heroes come with start gear but who knows..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobDoctor wrote:

They didn't explicitly mention it for them.

Nor did they for the extra copies of the base 5 you could get. However they did say those would enable you to play another member of a class [i.e. so you could have 2 Brigands] which would require them to include the basic equipment on top of the mentioned Hero Deck.

So I believe we can assume that these come with 34 cards, 23 White Hero cards, 5 Green, 1 Reference and the necessary Starting gear listed in their summary.

The Spriggan IIRC is weird since it makes gear during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.