4 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » Variants

Subject: Campaign slight adjustment in case of defeat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Petrescu
msg tools
mbmb

I don't know if other people play the campaign like this, but these are my little adjustments to this awsome game:

1. If I lose one chapter, I will always replay that chapter to continue the story

2. The IMPORTANT thing is how I have lost:

- if all the mice were captured, I restart the chapter with the starting equipment and the items in their packs - as all mice were rescued (just like when 1 mouse is rescued when all minions are killed, and has lost all the equipped items)

I don't think the "save point" is a good solution. It's very artificial and has no drawbacks.

The story aspect: After being captured, the mice were able to release themself and decided to try again the mission. Some things have been stolen by those who captured them.

- if the hourglass marker reaches the chapter end marker before the mice have completed the chapter’s victory conditions, the mice will begin the chapter with the same items thay had when the hourglass marker reached the chapter end marker

The story aspect: The mice realised they don't have enought time to complete the mission that day, so they decided to return to Barksburg. Next day, they will try again

3. When playing with 4 mice, the other 2 keep their basic and search items ouside the game. You do not mix them in the search deck when they are not choosen

The story aspect: They are ready, waiting in Barksburg.

My thoughts..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds legit ... I like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Llama
United States
Milligan College
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fair. It has some minor consequences for failure, but nothing that would make things overwhelmingly difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastien C
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
we're doing this now and I like it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.