Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Compatability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tosch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I know the themes are FAR off.. but it still would be silly fun to have Marvel vs. Xenomorphs or vice versa.

If all three are compatible (including the villain version) then it could get crazy.

Heroes:
Spiderman
Carnage
Ripley
ect.

Villains:
Xenomorphs
Maxium Carnage
Spider Friends

Mastermind:
Carnage with a chest buster

Scheme:
(Insert funny phrase here... I'm stumped)

Edit: wrong villian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Scheme :

Game over Magneto, Game Over!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Steward
United States
Kent
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All we need now is 'Legendary: Firefly' to get some Captain Malcom Reynolds up in this jam fest.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tosch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Fine:

"heroes"
river tam
apocalypse
ironman
ripley
dwight fromt the office

"villains"
spider friends
EA executives
The golden girls

"henchmen"
koopa troopas
PETA

"Mastermind"
Emperor Zurg (toy story)

"scheme"
Fall of Reach

instead of bystanders, sonic rings. special bystanders are chaos emeralds. when you get them all, put all your "hero deck" cards into your hand.

instead of wounds there are internet memes.

master strike = sick dance move

scheme twist = the classic "wait I forgot a rule, let me check the booklet"

starter cards = rocks and yummy cookies


Am I missing anything now?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yep you missing the fact the upper deck, in a completely stupid move, has decided to dilute the legendary game engine by making these two games not fully intergratable. they should have since having a game with a bunch of neat expansions it a major selling point but they decided to make it not compatible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fleshpuppet wrote:
yep you missing the fact the upper deck, in a completely stupid move, has decided to dilute the legendary game engine by making these two games not fully intergratable. they should have since having a game with a bunch of neat expansions it a major selling point but they decided to make it not compatible.


I don't think this is a stupid move at all. I wouldn't be interested in an Alien game that was just Legendary with new paint. I get that it would expand it, but I'm much more interested in the 'full coop' aspects. Besides, they said that some cards would be able to be used, just that it wouldn't be fully intergratable. Anyway, to each their own.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirchadofkent wrote:
All we need now is 'Legendary: Firefly' to get some Captain Malcom Reynolds up in this jam fest.

I think I would die happy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping for Full compatibility at least for the "Hero" deck.

Our team is barricaded in the Command Center the colony on planet LV-426...Aliens are fast approaching.

Private Hudson: "That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the $@%# are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

Kraven the Hunter: "We Comrade, shall Hunt them!"

The Punisher: (reloading assault rifle) "I like the optimism there Sergei, but you really think any of us are gonna make it off this rock alive"

Jayne Cobb: (looks at Hudson and Kraven) "Well, I might."

Emma Frost: (Steps out of the back room having changed from her Company business suit into her typical White Queen uniform) "Relax boys...I got this."

Jayne Cobb: (Eyes Emma up and down) "I'll be in my bunk..."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Leonard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The rule book is out, and while you can see that the scenario is different, once you translate a few words you can have Ripley and the xenomorohs in regular Legendary or have superheroes and villains in the Aliens version of the game.
I'm already planning on surprising some friends by having Skrulls and symbiotes appear in the Aliens play through.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nguyen
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
However, some Marvel characters are VERY perious to take to a Legendary Encounters party... let's say if the Hulk's running around, the Xenomorphs are going to be the least of your worries when you're taking Strikes from the Hulk's berzerker nature...

... though to be honest, I'd make a House Rule that SHIELD Agents, Troopers and Officer characters count as Colonial Marines if you ever get a Morale Broken result out of a Strike but hey, something of a thought...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlasterKyubey210 wrote:
... though to be honest, I'd make a House Rule that SHIELD Agents, Troopers and Officer characters count as Colonial Marines if you ever get a Morale Broken result out of a Strike but hey, something of a thought...


I'd play it that way...but honestly I think they're the exact same card types in most respects and you'd probably pick the Marines and not use Maria Hill, the trooper, and the Not-Coulson.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nguyen
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
bhz1 wrote:
BlasterKyubey210 wrote:
... though to be honest, I'd make a House Rule that SHIELD Agents, Troopers and Officer characters count as Colonial Marines if you ever get a Morale Broken result out of a Strike but hey, something of a thought...


I'd play it that way...but honestly I think they're the exact same card types in most respects and you'd probably pick the Marines and not use Maria Hill, the trooper, and the Not-Coulson.


TBH, it's more "Just in case players get some funny ideas" and helps prevent arguements...

But anyhow, the reason why the Hulk is a periously bad idea honestly is the dreaded 5-damage Massive Blow: Get one (or worse several) of those after Hulk's rampage and you may be heading to an early grave.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.