Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any thought on getting a video posted of an actual game play through with explanation? This would be really helpful since there are so very few players in my area that understand the game!

Rodney Smith (Watch it played) seems to do a great job on these...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I would absolutely love something like this myself, I am not holding my breath. This is apparently the final print run and there may not be a need to try to "sell" the game to a wider audience through these playthroughs or, owing to the small number of owners of the game, meet a huge demand for such a video.

In any case, Rodney's name is not the first to come to mind (not really a game for the family). A treatment by Rahdo or Box of Delights would be amazing, but, again, not likely, I think.

Maybe some enterprising user will want to put something together for their fellow community of gamers who are all lucky enough to own and love this game. We can both keep our fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb

is currently doing video coverage of the game. While I wouldn't describe his videos as tutorials, he'll give some rules overview and cover play enough for viewers to see what happens during a typical game.

His intro video is up on Youtube but apparently not through GeekMod yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle, thanks for passing this on. Wow...Calandale; I didn't see that coming. Cool choice! I just skimmed some of the video just now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Calandale just started and am very excited about that. I wake up and watch his vids every morning so next few days should be pretty strange.

We shot a whole tutorial and I am slowly editing narration. About 2/3s finished with narration edits. After that hopefully can edit it together in a quick manner. Meanwhile Enrico's videos should be of some help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to spam the thread; I just had to say that the news keeps getting better and better! I'm really glad you posted the thread, Kirk.

I'm introducing the game this weekend to some buddies and will home brew a player aid for them; the tutorial will be gold in the future, though, for new victims.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

if you will home brew player aid, look at file section. I made short player aid about squad actions and movement. It could be helpful for you, because some special rules about movement could be a little bit tricky for new players.

Sorry for OT and little advertising of my file
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Spam James. Anything the seemingly select few of us can do to band together and make the game easier to play and understand will reap rewards for all of us down the line!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.