Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Tash Kalar rules (http://tash-kalar.com/links.html). There is a "guidebook" with many examples and a good theme. This is good as a tutorial or to see exactly how rules are implemented. Then there is the "full rules", which is just an organized list of all the rules of the game.

So my goal was to create a "full rules" for Galaxy Trucker. The existing rules work well as a guidebook (http://riograndegames.com/getFile.php?id=329), but are difficult for finding specific rules.

Here is my attempt ...
http://www.hlasnet.com/bgg/galaxy-trucker.html

The rules should be complete (contain all the rules). Please let me know if I missed anything.

I would also like to remove any extra/redundant text. I tried to use the original wording as much as possible, but it was inconsistent and largely redundant.

Any other suggestions for improvement are certainly welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some clarification here:

•Engines. Each exhaust pipe provides movement. Exhaust pipes must point to the rear of the space ship and no component can sit on a square behind an engine.
•Cannons. Each cannon provides defense (+1 for foward cannons, +1/2 for other directions). No component can sit on a square in front of a cannon’s barrel.

with both of these no component can be placed on a square DIRECTY in front/behind

You can have an engine, a gap behind it, and ship components behind the gap for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
◦All connectors must legally join. Any connector can join with another of the same type, and a universal connector can join with any type.

A connector will have either one or two connections on the side, or be a universal connector and have all three connectors. A single or double connector must connect to the same type of connection, or a universal connector. A universal connector may connect to anything.

(added bc when we were taught the game originally, the player told us that the triple connectors had to connect to triple connectors. Defines what a universal connector is)

I am not sure how to explain this without an illustration, but you cannot 'wall off' a connector. EX - Having a con to the left and putting a piece there that has no matching con.

◦Your ship must hold together at all times.

I would add some clarification here. It really should be spelled out that you cannot put pieces onto the board and try to connect them later. You must place a component attaching to your ship or somesuch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would move the components section closer to the construction section as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
◦A large meteor can only be destroyed by cannon pointed at it in the same column. If it is a double cannon, you will have to pay 1 green battery token to use it.

Cannons pointing sideways protect their row and both adjacent rows.

Double cannons only provide protection if you spend a battery token to activate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're required to hold your off hand over your board. That sounds unnecessarily strenuous.

When you finish building, you don't have to take the lowest number; you can take any number.

You can't give up before the first adventure card.

Stopped looking after this. I dunno: there's a lot of ambiguity in these rules about e.g. WHEN you give up in various situations, how long a battery-powered component lasts per activation, and that you need to roll for meteors in order from top to bottom. And the planets and abandoned station rules sections each say you can rearrange goods at this time, but that's actually a general rule. (It applies to smugglers too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gerardo chavez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done, great resume of the rules and good reference,thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nitpick: The goal of the game is mis-stated - the goal is to have credits at the end of round 3, not necessarily to have the most.

Clarification: With Pirates (and any other enemies who shoot at you) determine everyone who gets shot at first, then roll once for each shot on the card, applying the same roll to each affected ship, rather than everyone rolling their own hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
with both of these no component can be placed on a square DIRECTY in front/behind

You can have an engine, a gap behind it, and ship components behind the gap for example.

Fixed

therealtheshader wrote:
◦All connectors must legally join. Any connector can join with another of the same type, and a universal connector can join with any type.

Fixed, I think.

therealtheshader wrote:
I am not sure how to explain this without an illustration, but you cannot 'wall off' a connector. EX - Having a con to the left and putting a piece there that has no matching con.,

Fixed? Added line that "no connector 'joins' with no connector"

therealtheshader wrote:
◦Your ship must hold together at all times.

Fixed

therealtheshader wrote:
I would move the components section closer to the construction section as well.

An interesting idea, though I cannot find a better place without breaking the "gameplay" flow, which I copied from the Tash Kalar style.

therealtheshader wrote:
◦A large meteor can only be destroyed by cannon pointed at it in the same column. If it is a double cannon, you will have to pay 1 green battery token to use it.

Cannons pointing sideways protect their row and both adjacent rows.

Double cannons only provide protection if you spend a battery token to activate them.

Fixed. I forgot that large meteors show up in the advanced game.

SevenSpirits wrote:
I don't think you're required to hold your off hand over your board. That sounds unnecessarily strenuous.

Fixed. Possibly I miscopied this from the rules.

SevenSpirits wrote:
When you finish building, you don't have to take the lowest number; you can take any number.

Fixed. You are correct, but I have never seen anyone take a lower number.

SevenSpirits wrote:
You can't give up before the first adventure card.

I could not find this in the rules. I did find that can give up before an adventure card is drawn, but once draw you must go through with it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

SevenSpirits wrote:
there's a lot of ambiguity in these rules about e.g. WHEN you give up in various situations, how long a battery-powered component lasts per activation, and that you need to roll for meteors in order from top to bottom. And the planets and abandoned station rules sections each say you can rearrange goods at this time, but that's actually a general rule. (It applies to smugglers too.)

I will keep working on it.

rmsgrey wrote:
Nitpick: The goal of the game is mis-stated - the goal is to have credits at the end of round 3, not necessarily to have the most.

I changed this, then changed it back as the intention seems to be most credits wins.

rmsgrey wrote:
Clarification: With Pirates (and any other enemies who shoot at you) determine everyone who gets shot at first, then roll once for each shot on the card, applying the same roll to each affected ship, rather than everyone rolling their own hits.

I could not find this in the rules. Can you direct me to the appropriate page?

Thanks for all the feedback. Please keep it coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.