Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality Time - a Netrunner Night in Shropshire
Telford, Monday 24th March 2014 7.30PM

I've recently got into the game of Netrunner and quite frankly I can't get enough of it so putting together an evening of Netrunner to play some games as I'm not aware of anything happening in my local area.

So a callout to those in the Shrewsbury/Telford/Shropshire area - an open invitation to come along and play the awesome Netrunner!
The evening will be hosted at The Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, Telford, TF1 5AE from 7.30PM to 11.30PM and will be FREE!
The function room has a bar and there will also be tea and coffee making facilities too, plenty of parking at the rear of the pub. The function room is the leftmost door when looking at the front of the pub, or the first door if you come round the corner from the car park.

All skill levels welcome and happy to put on some beginner/teaching games if you've never played Netrunner and curious about it/

Trying this out and hopefully will become a regular thing so bring your decks and let's get to some running! I imagine this first night will be a bunch of friendly games but might look to doing some mini-tournament, league stuff down the line.

Any questions just let me know and I'll see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facebook event page can be found here

https://www.facebook.com/events/505825936195328/?ref_dashboa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump.
So for Monday I'm thinking of doing a mini-swiss tournament for the evening. Based on how long we have the room we're going to go for 3 rounds of 70 minutes.
No prizes as such for the tourney, just a bit of friendly competition.

For those not wishing to participate in the tourney, there'll still be space to do some beginner games.

If you are interested in the tourney, you can always PM me your corp+runner identities so I can load into my app before Monday - will save a bit of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy HB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
How often are we likely to do this then Jonny? A weekly thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We can put it to a vote I guess.
I would be cool with weekly, in fact that would be my preference but fortnightly was an option expressed by others.
The pub may not be able to accommodate us weekly. She said there is some "canary" (?!) event thingy happening on Mondays but last I spoke to her she said they hadn't confirmed.
I'll check availability on Thurs and gauge the demand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy HB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I vote YES to more netrunner

Am I right in thinking we'll not be running nets on a Thurs now we are doing this?

Canary event!? Strangely intrigued by the randomness of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm going to part of a non-championship race of Formula D on Thurs. That won't take up the whole evening and I'll have my NR decks with so may be able to squeeze a game or two in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QUALITY TIME 002 - 31st MARCH 2014 - The Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, TF1 5AE, 7.30PM - 11.30PM

You can't stop the signal!
We're back for some more Netrunner!

A good time was had last time (perhaps go as far as to say it was quality ) so we're doing another run.

We're holding it again at the Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, Telford, TF1 5AE from 7.30PM to 11.30PM. The function room has a bar and there will also be tea and coffee facilities. There is plenty of parking at the rear of the pub, There is a separate door for the function room which is the leftmost door when looking at the front of the pub, or the first door if you come round the corner from the car park.

Last time we ran a 3 round mini-swiss tournament with a round lasting 70 minutes which worked really well, bar the odd technical difficulty (which *should* be corrected!).
You can message me your corp/runner identities and I'll get them loaded into my app before the evening to save a bit of time or do it upon arrival.

This time it won't be free alas but the room hire is pretty cheap so based on attendance last time, we would be asking for £2.50 - hopefully that doesn't break the bank. Plus if we get more numbers we could probably knock that down to £2, so encourage your fellow runners to come along!

All skill levels welcome and also happy to put on some beginner/teaching games if you're just getting started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy HB
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi guys, specifically Jonny and Iestyn. Thought I'd clarify those rules questions that came up Mon night even though we got them right just in case any come up again, there were a few!

1. Jackson's remove ability timing:

Here's the run structure

4. Runner approaches attacked server
4.1. Paid abilities can be used.
4.2. Runner decides:
To jack out, go to 6
or to continue, go to 4.3
4.3. Paid abilities may be used, cards may be rezzed.
4.4. Run is successful. Trigger abilities if any.

As Jackson is a paid ability and there was no ice on the archives I assumed Iestyn had gone straight to the continuing stage and was going to pull just enough agendas out so that he would flatline without scoring 7. As it was he was running to see if I triggered Jackson at 4.1. My bad for the assumption sorry Iestyn! Still, we played it right in the end.

2. Archives access order:

All cards are turned face up and the runner chooses the access order but must access and resolve (if necessary) all. So yeah we played it right again, Iestyn accessed the agendas first taking the net damage but not getting to 7, the shocks being overkill in this case.

3. Archived memories / Jackson / retrieval of cards:

Again we tend to play it like this anyway I think but as it came up... it's generally if it was public info before then show what you are taking, otherwise, don't (unless specifically told to reveal of course!)

4. Yep, both the runner and corp can look at the face up archives or the runners heap whenever the heck they like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results from 31/03/2014

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1euIqfOp9UW0TkNCVtAf6t4Vq...

Gratz to Andy who was undefeated on the night. I was happy to register some game wins this time and thankfully Andy says he's going to change up his decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QUALITY_TIME_003 - A Netrunner Night
14th April 2014 7.30PM - 11.30PM, Telford, Shropshire

On a roll! The train can't be stopped!

We've booked ourselves up for 2 weeks so come along to the Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, Telford, TF1 5AE from 7.30PM to 11.30PM for some some fun and friendly Netrunner games.

We'll be running a 3 round mini-swiss tournament with a round lasting 70 minutes. I might try and sort out a little prize for the best one on the day
You can message me your corp/runner identities and I'll get them loaded into my app before the evening to save a bit of time or do it upon arrival.

The function room has a bar and there will also be tea and coffee facilities. There is plenty of parking at the rear of the pub, There is a separate door for the function room which is the leftmost door when looking at the front of the pub, or the first door if you come round the corner from the car park.

We'll ask for £2.50 and if attendance looks good, we'll lower it - it's simply to cover the cost of hiring the function room.

All skill levels welcome and also happy to put on some beginner/teaching games if you're just getting started.
SO bring your decks and let's get to some running!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Conflict at the pub means we're going to push this back a week so the new date is Monday April 14th.
Same time, same place, everything the same, plus a small prize for the best on the night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey up, it's this Monday everyone!
Will you be (un)lucky enough to be drawn with our recent tournament-goer?!?

Here's a link to the facebook event page, if you're that way inclined: https://www.facebook.com/events/662774693758242/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results from Night 003

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yLMGmvxVo4AWytKT98iBDOc1...

Iestyn dropped just the one game to come out on top and claim the Adonis Campaign promo card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality Time 004 Monday 5th May 2014 7.30PM - 11.30PM

After a short break, we're back!

We'll be running a 3 round mini-swiss tournament with a round lasting 70 minutes, so come along to the Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, Telford, TF1 5AE from 7.30PM to 11.30PM for some some fun and friendly Netrunner games.
There will be a small prize, in the form of an Adonis Campaign Promo card, for the best on the evening, just to keep it interesting

The function room has a bar and there will also be tea and coffee facilities. There is plenty of parking at the rear of the pub, There is a separate door for the function room which is the leftmost door when looking at the front of the pub, or the first door if you come round the corner from the car park.

We're asking for £2.50 and that's just to cover the cost of the room

Any questions just let me know and we'll see you there for some Quality Time!

Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/632542370158020/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump!

Just a reminder to say this is happening this bank holiday Monday and looks to be our biggest attendance yet!

Come along for some friendly games of Netrunner and check out those sweet new Honor + Profit cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality_Time_005 19th May 2014 7.30PM - 11.30PM Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, Telford, TF1 5AE (FREE!)

Always. Be. Running.

We had our best turn out last time and we're looking to go from strength to strength, not unlike a trusty Ice Wall...

---

We'll be running a 3 round mini-swiss tournament with a round lasting 70 minutes, so come along to the Horseshoes Inn, Ketley, Telford, TF1 5AE from 7.30PM to 11.30PM for some some fun and friendly Netrunner games.
There will be a small prize, in the form of an Adonis Campaign Promo card, for the best on the evening, just to keep it interesting

No charge for the evening, the good folk at the Horseshoes Inn are granting us the function room but do them a favour and grab a drink from the bar!

Facebook event page:https://www.facebook.com/events/1495015740710262/

Any questions just let me know and we'll see you there for some Quality Time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BUMP!
Just a reminder that we're continuing to do this Netrunner thing on Monday. An evening with the final Adonis Campaign promo card going to the best of the night plus it's free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimiminar JD
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results from Quality Time 005 are in, now with shiny colourful pie charts! Mmm stats!
It's interesting to see the evolving Shropshire meta. No love for Anarchs and a fair portion of flatline victories - pack your plascretes and net shields peeps!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12-Vnh18EdCovARK7gP7KLkk8...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.