Hide
14 Posts

Yedo» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Lightning Fast" action card clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack McNeely
msg tools
When you play the "Lightning Fast" action card (see text below) do you get to take two actions in that district or an action in that district and then one in any district on the board? It would seem broken/nonsensical to me to allow the card to let you take actions in districts you haven't assigned the disciple in but it was an argument that came up the last time I played.

Lightning Fast
Phase 7
Play this card right before you activate a Disciple in a District. This Disciple may take 2 actions in a row (the same action may be taken twice). Completing a mission is also considered an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this refers only to actions in the district the disciple is located in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it has to be 2 legal actions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one Disciple may take two legal actions on the single action space that it is on. For example, if it were in the Tavern, you could buy and Annex and then complete a Mission that requires a Disciple located at the Tavern. Or you could buy an Annex twice. Another example is if your Disciple is on the Mission card space in the Castle. You could take the top card of any mission deck and then complete a Mission that requires a Disciple at the Castle. Or you could take the action twice and receive two mission cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a double action, can a player fulfill the same mission twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Entre
msg tools
LennyS wrote:

I would be pretty confident in "no," you cannot use it to do the same mission twice. You could complete two different missions if they both required a disciple in that location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Entreri43 wrote:
LennyS wrote:

I would be pretty confident in "no," you cannot use it to do the same mission twice. You could complete two different missions if they both required a disciple in that location.

That's what I thought, but the way the card is worded left the question open. The player insisted he could, and I had no ground on which to argue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entreri43 wrote:
LennyS wrote:

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wasp wrote:
Entreri43 wrote:
LennyS wrote:

Correct!

Thanks Thomas, for a definitive ruling! (Great game, by the way!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Always happy to hear people enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I still have a bit of a question regarding this specific card.
"Lightning Fast" in conjuction with the tea mission card which has a you place two disciples in the same district (castle if I am not mistaken), also if someone could remind me of the specific card name, cant recall or find it again. Did find some Italian version of the card I am talking about though:

If you place one disciple and then play the "lightning fast" card does this count as completed?

Cause on the card it reads mission completion counts as an action and you can take 2 actions.

The debate my group had was:
Can you complete this specific mission with 1 disciple and the lightning fast card.

Or

Do you have to place 2 disciples in this district and cannot use the lightning fast card in this manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I don't remember any rule about this. It' s a bit long time ago. But think you can't since it feels wrong ;p.
You have to be there with two disciples at one moment, and not consecutive.
You could do two separate missions in the castle district with the one disciple one after the other.

So No would be my answer now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Wasp wrote:
Hey,

I don't remember any rule about this. It' s a bit long time ago. But think you can't since it feels wrong ;p.
You have to be there with two disciples at one moment, and not consecutive.
You could do two separate missions in the castle district with the one disciple one after the other.

So No would be my answer now...

Yea there is no definitive ruling about this. This is why we had the discussion. I can see how it can be argued both ways.

But feeling wrong doesn't make it wrong.

Hence why I was looking for a more definitive answer to this particular dilemma.

If it's simply no that's fine too. Though would be nice to have some reasoning behind it as to why it's a yes or no. Cause at the moment I feel like it's more of a maybe, and should simply be house ruled.

As my personal argumentative point here: I would say why wouldn't it be allowed? As you say, I could use the disciple once with 1 mission with less rewards that requires 2 disciple OR use 1 disciple to complete 2 separate missions with more rewards, though albeit with 1 or 2 different items added. To me it feels like it would satisfy the balance in both ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would say no because thematically the mission asks for two disciples to be there together. The one will do this while the other one acts like a decou. So the story needs the both of you there together. That s why I would say that you can t be both at ones.
Bt in othzr cases, first do the mission and than do something else afterwards makes more sense. Or two mission one after the other.
But that s only thematically.

So you would not break the game if you agree on doing it your way. It s a xoll card combo that will not happen too much.

So if you as my ruling, I would say no, for thematical reasons. But if you like it the other way around, there s no practical problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.