Hide
2 Posts

Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: "Week One" Zombie Surival game now active on Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Larson
msg tools

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/909088713/week-one-zomb...

In the past, I've played plenty of zombie games. But I have never really gotten the scope and size of a true survival game in any of them. Zombies were always single models. There were only a few buildings. You could get an item from any searchable area. Thus, the games never felt like you were actually surviving anything, but just shooting zombies over and over and looting the same building until you found something you liked.

So my friends and I set out to create a game of significantly larger proportions and scope. Titled, "Week One" it's the first week after all the dust has settled and the major outbreak is over. (Plus, expansions are easily titled as, "Week Two" etc.) Every game is seven (7) days, each with a day and night cycle. These cycles produce various environmental effects and can reduce your party's overall sanity. (Yes, characters have an Insane side!) At the end of those seven days, your remaining party members are rescued by the military who are evacuating civilians.

What happens during those days and nights? Well, you need food, weapons, ammo, and most of all, you need to keep your sanity. Oh, and zombies aren't just single models. No sir. They range from 1-5 zombies per token, as many tokens as can fit in a square! Each day has the players surrounded by an ever increasing horde of zombies all marching towards the players' Safe House, the place where the military is going to pick them up. Can they survive all seven days? Will any players succumb to insanity? Will it be a shoot out or a hold up in a building? In addition, random missions occur throughout the days to help keep the games fresh and dynamic.

Below are examples of some of the art and a mini that we're making for the game. Our KS project is a true blood KS project in that we need the funds to finish and then produce the game.

If what you see interests you, I would recommend a stop over at our Kickstarter project page and contribute!

Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the painting of the female police officer, what's going on with her thumb?

Does she not realise it's opposable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.