Pacific War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Airfield Interdiction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hennessey

Forest Hills
New York
msg tools
Hi, still learning Pacific War and have a question about airfield interdiction. I am the advantage player and during my air mission phase I pound a small enemy airfield and get five hits on it, resulting in it being interdicted. Yet, before my opponent has his disadvantage air mission phase there is the airfield repair phase and this applies to ALL airfields. So all that damage I just inflicted is removed and that airfield is no longer interdicted and my opponent uses it for missions. So, the interdiction result really has no impact because its removed before his air phase. This does not seem right, what I am missing? Why bother interdicting airfields? Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's something I found in the FAQs regarding airfield interdiction ...

12L-1, Airfield repair: Does the airfield repair rule mean what it
says? (All hits and interdiction markers are removed in the Airfield
Repair Phase.) If so, then the only time Interdiction has an effect
is when an Airfield is hit 5 (or 10) times during the Disadvantaged
Air Mission phase.
-- Correct. It was very rare for an airbase to be interdicted for any
significant length of time. Only a double pulse gets you a closed
airbase.

So it appears it only matters if you are the disadvantaged side and manage to interdict the airfield. If you are still the disadvantaged side the next combat phase, they will not be able to lauch a strike from that airfield and if you are the advantaged side, you can attack the airfield knowing none of the aircraft still there can respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.