Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All

I was just wondering if anyone else had been having problems with the EBay shipping calculator recently, specifically concerning USPS Ground shipments? The calculator used to be pretty close to accurate, but in some recent sales the calculator has been underpricing UPS Ground shipping by about $4-5. I know my weights and measurements have been accurate, as they've matched what I've been seeing on the shipping bills and that a dollar or two of that bump is due to their 'fuel fee' for some deliveries...but EVERY package I've sold on EBay via UPS Ground shipping lately has been undercharged concerning shipping cost by around $4-5. I just wondered if there was something I was doing wrong on my end or if EBay was just lagging behind a recent UPS rate hike.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing there has been rate hikes. I quoted people actual rates and they thought I was trying to make money on shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Trzaskowski

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USPS changed prices in January, so ebay should have had enough time to adjust them. Unfortunately, while parcel post went up only slightly, priority became much more expensive - according to USPS with an average increase of $4.53 per package (which agrees with the OP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
kochamkinie wrote:
USPS changed prices in January, so ebay should have had enough time to adjust them. Unfortunately, while parcel post went up only slightly, priority became much more expensive - according to USPS with an average increase of $4.53 per package (which agrees with the OP).

The OP is talking about UPS, not USPS. eBay's USPS prices are either too high (for Priority Mail, where they don't factor in the online discount for some reason) or correct (for everything else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, with USPS I try to ship Flat Rate whenever possible, as I know exactly what it costs. It's the odd-shaped or slightly larger items I've been shipping via UPS Ground that I've been having issues with recently...and it does appear UPS has gone up significantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kokaly
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this winter been worse than usual for delays? It seems like every other week this year has been significant delays and that must cost them money.

The price increase would be fine if they sped up the delivery as a result but I won't hold my breath

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
Another reason why BGG is the best place to sell games. And Amazon is even worse than Ebay. Amazon will force you to only charge $4 for shipping even if actually costs you $12. Then they take about 25% off of the top and hold your money for a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Rasmussen
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Cowboy Bebop
badge
I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to do it, Faye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an ebay package sitting at the USPS right now waiting for me to pay the additional $6.69 postage.

It really doesn't sit well with the buyer because you believe you have made full payment and don't expect more expense. Thats not even counting the time and expense to go to the post office and get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.