Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
How can this take an hour to play?
I saw another post that mentioned another (German?) edition that removed the six colors end-game trigger. I've played this many times and even when we reach the end of the deck it rarely goes more than 30 minutes.
Is there something to the new edition that I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An hour?! Crazy talk!

I played with six and teaching everyone and it took less than 30 min. This can easily be played using a "best of 3" format as in Lost Cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, even our first few games only lasted about 30 minutes each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Venton wrote:
How can this take an hour to play?
I saw another post that mentioned another (German?) edition that removed the six colors end-game trigger. I've played this many times and even when we reach the end of the deck it rarely goes more than 30 minutes.
Is there something to the new edition that I'm missing?

We play multiple rounds/hands. When at least 1 player reaches 100 points that's the end of the game. Of course, that's just us and it can be tweaked to any groups preference ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.