Migration: Book II – A Saga of Conflict» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lizard Skunk issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Enslow
msg tools
designer
mbmb
I think the lizard needs a "must take another turn". If it stays as a "may", then the new rule that places it back on the previous town. With this I can keep my skunk for 4 turns. With the "must" if you don't move your spirit is removed which I think is fair. THoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
msg tools
You may have a point, however, it is important to note that 3 wasteland lizards are 3 turns without getting any points. You can have the place locked down, but it doesn't help you if your opponent is dropping 3 rats or jackals outside the lockdown zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Enslow
msg tools
designer
mbmb
It really wouldn't be a fun game if I made a 2 player map, stuck a skunk in the middle (and you have only three places you can bass) and proceeded to lizard, place it face down but not activate a second turn (so my PS is not lost, just placed back on the skunk). After 3 turns you would have no way of getting back on the board and I eat it all up. Certainly it's a punk move but a simple rule change from "may take a turn" to "must take a turn" would prevent this issue and if a lizard was turned over and you didn't move from it, you would loose your PS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cannon
msg tools
designer
mb
The lizard is not intended to allow you to keep your PS on the previous Town. I see how this works from Liz to Cactus, but not with just the Lizard. Can you explain more clearly where you are seeing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Enslow
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Ok.
I have a skunk with my PS. For my turn I place a lizard right next to it. I flip the lizard over. According to the rules if it is flipped over I "MAY take another turn" I chose no to activate this second turn. Since I used my turn and the PS is on a wasteland it is returned to my Skunk.

Change: word it "must take another turn" rather than "May take another turn" on the lizard's rules. That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cannon
msg tools
designer
mb
Aha, I see what you're saying. I was thinking of finicking the wording for other reasons, but what you're recognizing is a problem indeed. Try this new wording:

When you establish a Lizard Town, you may Expand or Migrate again this turn with him as your only Pioneer Spirit. If you do, flip him at the end of your turn.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cannon
msg tools
designer
mb
The other fix is that Age Cards have a lot of beginning and end of turn triggers. I definitely don't want the lizard to give you another whole turn with those triggers as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Enslow
msg tools
designer
mbmb
I think the "with him only as your pioneer spirit" is a bit confusing. I might think that means I move the Lizard as I migrate again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cannon
msg tools
designer
mb
I'm not in love with that wording either, but I don't want the player to be able to play from the Oak as part of that bonus action. Maybe it's unnecessary? "As your only PS" came from a time when Oak read that it could "always be considered your PS." Since Oak triggers at the beginning of the turn and Lizard wouldn't be a new turn. Let's try this...

When you move your Pioneer Spirit to your Lizard Town, you may Expand or Migrate again this turn. If you do, flip the Lizard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Enslow
msg tools
designer
mbmb
That's much better. Concise and clear. Our work is done here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Van Biesen
Belgium
Dendermonder
flag msg tools
jup, perfect right there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Migration: Book II – A Saga of Conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.