Popular Tags: [View All]
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just received a "new" copy of the second edition I purchased on a BGG auction. The packing was poor, so some of the parts spilled out of the game box into the packing peanuts inside the shipping container. In addition, the game was shipped with a bunch of plastic grocery bags crumbled up inside, so the many loose pieces rolling around inside of the game box found their way into bag crevices, etc. The long and the short of it, I just spent a bunch of time going through all the packing materials to find, sort and count the parts.

The good news is, I appear to have most of the parts. (Yay!)

However, I am missing one goods tile (I have 47 of 48). I am assuming this will not effect playability. Am I correct?

Hoping so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jflight1 wrote:
Hi,

I just received a "new" copy of the second edition I purchased on a BGG auction. The packing was poor, so some of the parts spilled out of the game box into the packing peanuts inside the shipping container. In addition, the game was shipped with a bunch of plastic grocery bags crumbled up inside, so the many loose pieces rolling around inside of the game box found their way into bag crevices, etc. The long and the short of it, I just spent a bunch of time going through all the packing materials to find, sort and count the parts.

The good news is, I appear to have most of the parts. (Yay!)

However, I am missing one goods tile (I have 47 of 48). I am assuming this will not effect playability. Am I correct?

Hoping so!

You mean that you are missing an olive token, or a wood token?

You will be absolutely fine. In fact, I don't have the rules with me, but I am sure that they are meant to be unlimited anyway, so 48 was just chosen as a sufficiently high number to not run out. In all my 2 player games, I haven't even come close anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bryan
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It should not affect the game play at all. Even in my four player games, we have never used all of any one good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone,

Thank you for the prompt response and good news! I am not sure which of the 10 different good it is at the moment. It has a blue background and I think it may be the dye token.

Also, I did not bother counting the pollution tokens or the grain tokens. There are many of them, so I cannot imagine a few lost ones will matter (if there are any)

Thanks again for the help everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/72601/antiquity-labels-ave...

That should hopefully tell you what you are missing as it has pictures and names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.