GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me start by saying, I read other posts saying nasty things about Mayday Games, and thought "I have bought a few packs and have had no problems, these other people may just be crazy."

So I splurged.....

I recently bought Dominion and every expansion. In the past when I have purchased sleeves from Mayday Games sleeve size can vary from pack to pack. I decided to order the entire lot (35 packs @ 100 sleeves/pack) at once, to hopefully minimize this. I sleeved every card, and started playing the game. It was really dissapointing when all the sleeves started sliding off the cards during play.

I took some older Mayday Games sleeves of the same size and put them on my Dominion cards, and they fit great, without sliding off.

I informed Mayday Games of this experience, and they brushed it off, not being too concerned about it. Now I am faced with the decision to have my guests constantly slide the sleeves back on or unsleeve 3,000+ cards, and admit that I wasted over $80 on sleeves that don't fit right. What a dissapointment.

I then ordered some sleeves for Starcraft: The Board Game, and some were not even long enough to cover the cards completely. I informed them, and they promptly sent out replacements. Upon receipt, they were the wrong size, which left me again waiting for another shipment of replacement sleeves.

Conclusion:

I will buy Mayday Games sleeves if I cannot find the size I need elsewhere. Other than that, I will try my hardest, and spend the extra money to purchase sleeves from another company, as it will acutally save me money in the long run.

Regarding their sizing issues, I am a Lean Six Sigma trained Ph.D. engineer, who would would be willing to join your team to help you fix these issues, and minimize variation. This is assuming you recognize the importance of the variation issues that need to be addressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.