Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play a classy-looking mock up of the game with Ralph of Eagle Games at ConnCon this weekend, and couldn't be more excited. Might have been the highlight of my con. If the final product is no better produced than the demo copy I would be content, and my understanding it that the components will be upgraded from what I played with.

But the game is the thing, not the bits, so how is the game?

Well, it turns out that the gameplay evokes such a perfect baseball narrative.

In the 3 game "regular season" and best of 7 "World Series" in which we competed there were pitchers duels, slugfests, 9th inning rallies and even extra inning heartbreak. Despite the apparent abstraction, the game just *feels* like baseball.

The rules are simple but not simplistic and the deckbuilding makes perfect thematic sense, molding and improving your team, reacting to moves by your Division / Series rival.

Needless to say, I'm a fan and can't wait to get my hands on my very own copy . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting excited.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cook
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Go Pack Go!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! The excitement is growing! Let's Play Ball!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.