Subject: Bolster Defense: Does it Stack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I just wanted to ask a quick question with regards to the M2 Wolverine. Does his Buff: Bolster Defense (-1) stack with Bunkers?

Many thanks in advance!

SD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Muller
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it would, so you would remove 2 dice from any attack to a unit in the same grid and in a bunker.
Note that you cannot reduce an attack below 1 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. Unless there has been some clarification somewhere, I would not agree. For example, stacking the Movement special ability does not make sense.

Page 13 says "A unit with a buff, any any units in the same grid as that unit, always have that buff." Maybe I am reading too much into it, but "that buff" means "Bolster -1". So the units would have "Bolster -1" twice, not "Bolster -2".

Something to ask on the CMON forum probably.

If you have a reference, I would appreciate knowing myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go and ask it now. I think it makes sense to stack because bunkers make units harder to hit, by one die. And the wolverine makes units harder to hit by one die. They feel like two independent buffs to me.

I'll summarize the thread once we get an answer!

dhurtt wrote:
Hmmm. Unless there has been some clarification somewhere, I would not agree. For example, stacking the Movement special ability does not make sense.

Page 13 says "A unit with a buff, any any units in the same grid as that unit, always have that buff." Maybe I am reading too much into it, but "that buff" means "Bolster -1". So the units would have "Bolster -1" twice, not "Bolster -2".

Something to ask on the CMON forum probably.

If you have a reference, I would appreciate knowing myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that Tank Shock stacks, according to the FAQ. So now I am convinced that Bolster Defense also stacks, if only for that as a precedent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.