Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this game with two players a handful of times, and later this week I am planning to play a three player game. How much does the game change moving from two player to three player? The multiplayer rules make me cross eyed. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're concerned about over-complicating things, play without the Titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree about removing the titles. They are what makes the multiplayer game awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should definitely play a few 1v1 (joust) games first so that you can get the basics down, but the titles really don't add that much complexity.

First player picks a title first and continues around clockwise.

Gold: When you count income, gain 2 gold. You cannot initiate challenges against the person that chose Book
Book: When you draw cards during the draw step, draw 1 more. This ignores the draw cap. You cannot initiate challenges against the person that chose Fist
Fist: You may use this title once to spend up to 2 influence on a card effect. You cannot initiate challenges against the person that chose Dagger
Dagger: While you have at least 1 participating character in an intrigue challenge, count +3STR. You cannot initiate challenges against the person that chose Gold
Crown: You may redirect 1 challenge this round. The attacking player must be able to have a new legal target (cannot be the same target). While you have at least 1 participating character in a power challenge, count +3STR.
Sword: You may redirect 1 unopposed military challenge to yourself this round. If you win the challenge, claim 1 power for your house. While you have at least 1 participating character in a military challenge, count +3STR.

In addition:
If Gold or Fist win a challenge against each other this round, they gain an extra 'opposed' power for their house. Same for Book or Dagger. Dagger can also can an opposed power if they win against the crown.

In a 4-6 player game, all of the titles get returned to the pool every round and can be used again. In a 3 player game, only return the titles every other round. (ie. Round 1, the players chose Gold, Dagger, and Crown, then next round only the Book, Fist, and Sword will be available.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.