Adrian Boddice
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1257458293/super-dungeo...

The game looks great and I love the single $100 pledge level.

Edited: Adding commentary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big issue is shipping outside US. I see a worrying 30-50$ tentative shipping cost .

I suppose this project should be huge so I strongly hope to see some sort of EU friendly agreement with some fulfilling company...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gunslinger wrote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1257458293/super-dungeo...

The game looks great and I love the single $100 pledge level.

Edited: Adding commentary

Of course only some of the stretch awards are going to fall under that $100 level, the remainder will be 'optional purchases'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who doesn't have previous versions of SDE, I don't understand why I would back this project instead of waiting for retail? The upgrade packs are worthless to me and the game will cheaper online so I guess I'll see what they end up adding as goals.

That said, I'm not sold on this being a good enough game to own yet but I'll need to do some more research when they release the updated rules. I wasn't impressed with original SDE so hopefully they've made some improvements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
As someone who doesn't have previous versions of SDE, I don't understand why I would back this project instead of waiting for retail? The upgrade packs are worthless to me and the game will cheaper online so I guess I'll see what they end up adding as goals.

The upgrade packs are great if you proxy. If you need the man-dollies, they'll only be useful if you get an early edition from the OLGS. You're also right that you might as well wait a few weeks to see what they have.

So far, it looks like the base game has 51 mini's, super gives you an additional 8 mini's, and stretch goals gives you 16 free mini's at 200K. Amazon sells the SDE base game for $70 including shipping, so the "free" KS stuff is costing you $30 + $10+ shipping. So that's $35 per 25 mini's, at the Amazon level, and the KS will exceed that soon.

I'm waiting if SPM can offer 150 mini's for $100 that MYTH and Zombicide 2 did, not that they should.

EDIT: You might want to dig around Dakka Dakka Misc. Miniatures forum about SPM's previous projects, Relic Knights, and Robotech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Comment by Deke about the revised rules:

Creator Soda Pop Miniatures about 2 hours ago

I'll have more a more in depth update soon (and one geared towards new players as well) but since I just put this on the SPM forums I figured I'd share it here as well.

So some Classic basics:

Monsters now only spawn out of their own spawning point.
At the beginning of the game all 8-bit monsters spawn for free.
Turns then go Hero, Consul, Hero, Consul, Hero, etc as normal.
Heroes activate in order around the table.

Any four skull value of monsters can activate, even if they activated in the Consul's previous turn. No more "remaining monsters" mob round. In addition to the four skull value one mini boss or boss may activate.

During the Consul turn the consul may choose to spawn from one spawn point instead of activating monsters. Every monster in that spawn point is spawned, both 8-bit and 16-bit. All monsters from the spawning point that are already on the map heal and remove status effects. The spawning point then takes a wound, as its energy is drained.

Once a spawning point is destroyed it drops a princess coin the Heroes can pick-up, and spawns a mini-boss for free.

Once the mini-boss is destroyed it drops a dungeon key that allows Heroes to open treasure chests to greater effect, and the monsters in the dungeon level up on the mighty monster chart.

-Deke

Also more info here: http://handcannononline.com/blog/2014/03/20/soda-pop-miniatu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm liking the sound of these changes. I'm assuming this is to the classic mode too and not how the new arcade mode works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Comment by Deke about the revised rules:

Creator Soda Pop Miniatures about 2 hours ago

I'll have more a more in depth update soon (and one geared towards new players as well) but since I just put this on the SPM forums I figured I'd share it here as well.

So some Classic basics:

Monsters now only spawn out of their own spawning point.
At the beginning of the game all 8-bit monsters spawn for free.
Turns then go Hero, Consul, Hero, Consul, Hero, etc as normal.
Heroes activate in order around the table.

Any four skull value of monsters can activate, even if they activated in the Consul's previous turn. No more "remaining monsters" mob round. In addition to the four skull value one mini boss or boss may activate.

During the Consul turn the consul may choose to spawn from one spawn point instead of activating monsters. Every monster in that spawn point is spawned, both 8-bit and 16-bit. All monsters from the spawning point that are already on the map heal and remove status effects. The spawning point then takes a wound, as its energy is drained.

Once a spawning point is destroyed it drops a princess coin the Heroes can pick-up, and spawns a mini-boss for free.

Once the mini-boss is destroyed it drops a dungeon key that allows Heroes to open treasure chests to greater effect, and the monsters in the dungeon level up on the mighty monster chart.

-Deke

Also more info here: http://handcannononline.com/blog/2014/03/20/soda-pop-miniatu...

Mostly great changes. Fixes a lot of things that made me not want to buy SDE.

The only thing I'm a little unsure about is the fact that the consul can keep activating the same monsters. It's great that you no longer have to keep track of which monsters have moved but I see some negatives:

1.) Very un-thematic. I can see this being an issue with my players. They won't feel it's fair that the same monster can attack back to back (to back to back).
2.) Removes a bit of tactics from the game. You no longer care if a monster has acted or not yet so there's no longer a race for the heroes to kill certain monsters before they act and the consul no longer needs to plan his moves in order to balance killing the heroes and activating all of his monsters.
3.) Balance concerns? When the boss is out, he can attack IN ADDITION to the 4 skull value of monsters? This seems a lot more powerful than before.

Positives:
* No init at the start of turns is a big plus
* Leveling up monsters sounds great. I haven't played SDE but I've watched a lot of videos and I had a major issue with monsters being extremely weak near the end of the game. It seemed the only monster that could do anything in the end-game was the boss monster. The normal monsters were so weak that they couldn't hit anyone and they were just healing machines for the other heroes.

Anyone with actual game experience have comments on this? Am I out of my mind? I'm just trying to get a solid understanding on if I'll enjoy the game. The monsters leveling gets me pretty excited about the game but letting the same monsters attack turn after turn doesn't sound that great. The limited bookkeeping sounds great... but I'm not sure it's worth the hit to the gameplay experience.

//edit: Also, the consul no longer gains an advantage by outnumbering the heroes. That seems wrong. Now, the consul won't be allowed to activate all of his monsters if he has them all out on the board. There is no benefit to having the board filled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.