15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: Illustrator looking for work rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wilson
msg tools
Hello,

I've been hoping to get in to board game art after having worked on some videogames this past year. While I do enjoy digital work, there's something more personal to me about having a physical object with a printed image on it.

My email is on my website if anyone might be interested in working with me. I will say that at the moment I am not available for a rev-share situation. That said, I do try to be flexible.

Cheers and I hope to work with one of you in the near future.

portfolio: http://cwils132.wordpress.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that any game illustrated by the OP would be a very nice addition to the genre. If only money grew on trees. Good luck finding a place in the world of board gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have you thought about doing an art book or a graphic story/novel? If so, my peers and I have a side project where we help with Kickstarters. We also help organize projects and figure out pricing and budgets.

Just some food for thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
I have a feeling that any game illustrated by the OP would be a very nice addition to the genre. If only money grew on trees. Good luck finding a place in the world of board gaming.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilson
msg tools
ropearoni4 wrote:

I really appreciate the compliment. I've played card games, board games, and tabletop a lot while growing up. The artwork always inspired me, so one day I'd like to do the same for some other lonely pale kid.

StandardUpstart wrote:
Have you thought about doing an art book or a graphic story/novel? If so, my peers and I have a side project where we help with Kickstarters. We also help organize projects and figure out pricing and budgets.

Just some food for thought.

My brother and I have actually begun working on a graphic novel of sorts. I have a somewhat refined-but-rough draft of a first page made up with a couple more written for and planned. I don't know if we will ever get it to Kickstarter however.

All the same, thank you for the kind words and the confidence in my ability. Maybe you could send me your email in case I do take that route in the future. I was hoping to get another page or two done in the next month.

tocoking wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:

+1

I shall +1 your +1. Thank you for taking the time to look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoyi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Awesome work man. Got nothing else to say, just awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilson
msg tools
Yoyi wrote:
Awesome work man. Got nothing else to say, just awesome.

Thanks!

Here's the latest thing I completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG have a standing job request for artists on their webpage: alderac.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilson
msg tools
ropearoni4 wrote:

At your suggestion I contacted them and ended up doing a card for them. Probably won't pursue further work from them for various reasons but it was a lot of fun. Now I just need to wait till August till I can show what I made.

In the meantime, here's something else I've been working on in my free time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cwils132 wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:

At your suggestion I contacted them and ended up doing a card for them. Probably won't pursue further work from them for various reasons but it was a lot of fun. Now I just need to wait till August till I can show what I made.

Glad they got one card out from you to benefit their game. Which game is it for? Anything else on the horizon ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilson
msg tools
ropearoni4 wrote:
cwils132 wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:

Glad they got one card out you to benefit their game. Which game is it for? Anything else on the horizon ?

The card was for a game called Doomtown. While I didn't sign any NDA's, they don't really want me to show the image I made till August. Nothing is stopping me I guess, but I don't want to be disrespectful.

Currently I haven't taken on any new clients so I'll be working on my own projects for a bit till someone decides they'd like my services.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilson
msg tools
This is a bit of a revamp of a previous image I had posted here. The other one was a year old however and while I like the design, I did not like my rendering.

Also I just realized that there's a tiny little icon that says I've been sent mail by some of you. Some about a month ago. So yeah, I feel really bad about that and will get replies out soon to at least apologize for being awful at that.

I am currently open-ish for work if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilson
msg tools
Another image. Also ditched my Weebly account (tired of them messing with my image quality) in favor of a Wordpress website. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

http://cwils132.wordpress.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
cwils132 wrote:
Another image. Also ditched my Weebly account (tired of them messing with my image quality) in favor of a Wordpress website. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

http://cwils132.wordpress.com

I recommend editing your first post to include the link to the new page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.