Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Here's a weird timing event that occurred during my last (live) Seasons game. For simplicity, let's assume a 2-player game. During mid-game, the situation was:

Player A: 43 crystals, has Staff of Spring in play and Sid in hand
Player B: 41 crystals, has Arcano in play

Scenario 1

Let's ignore the Staff of Spring. Player A plays Sid. Is the following sequence correct? (I think it is)

a) First, player A gives player B one crystal: they both have 42 ninja crystals, now.
b) Then, Sid comes into play. As Player A is tied in crystals with Player B, Sid does not steal any crystals.

Scenario 2

Let's now count for Staff of Spring. Which order of events would be correct?

a) Player A gives Player B a crystal: score is now 42-42.
b) Sid is summoned and Staff of Spring gives player A three (3) crystals: score is now 45-42.
c) Sid comes into play and steals 5 crystals; score is now 50-37.

Or is this one?

i) Player A gives Player B a crystal: score is now 42-42.
ii) Sid comes into play, but does not steal any crystals, as the players are tied.
iii) As Sid was summoned, Staff of Spring gives player A three (3) crystals: score is now 45-42.

Generic question

When do the "When you summon a card" effects (Vase, Staff of Spring) come into play? When a card is immediately summoned, but before the effect is applied? E.g., if I have the Vase and play the Amulet of Fire, do I have to get the energy token before I apply the effect of the amulet and pick 4 cards? If I recall correctly, this is BGA's implementation.

The only timing event that I am 100% sure of, is the Arcano's, which takes effect before a card is summoned.

PS: btw, I've already checked a similar thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scenario 1 is right, as is scenario 2abc

in Seasons, generally cards in play take effect before the summoned card. and yes, in case of Vase and Amulet of Fire, you take the energy token before drawing cards

as in case of several cards in your area takes effect during end of round / change of season, you choose the order the cards would take effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.