Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: good asking prices? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have most of the participation prizes from the DS9 OP (actually all, unless you get into the different colors of the colored bases, in which case, I have 2 green sets & 1 blue set, but not the others). Without putting stuff on eBay, I am trying to unload my stuff, and want to use the prize stuff to recover my losses as I do not expect to get full price for the bought stuff. What should I expect to get for the participation prizes such as the EAD, DS9 (token & model), colored bases, ground troop tokens, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Participation prizes are probably in the $5-10 range each. DS9 models have been going around $125-150. Not sure what the map elements would go for, I can't imagine too much, but probably a few bucks.

So for a full set of all 6 resources (EAD, Command, Sideboard, Flagships, both fighters), map elements (DS9 token, planets, ground troops, OWPs, etc.) the colored bases and DS9 model, probably $200-250.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to post stuff on Ebay, but you can always use it for price reference. Be sure to check closed auctions that actually sold recently and not the currently running ones. Some people ask way to high and their stuff never actually sells, so it is good to look at what has actually sold and for how much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hawke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, unless you really feel you can unleash the auction market to skyrocket your prices... I'd recommend selling by other means than Ebay. The fees PLUS paypal fees can add up and in many cases eliminate the benefits of a higher priced auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan S
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also put stuff for sale here on BGG instead of ebay. I'm going to do that with my extra OP stuff soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
MattHawke wrote:
Yeah, unless you really feel you can unleash the auction market to skyrocket your prices... I'd recommend selling by other means than Ebay. The fees PLUS paypal fees can add up and in many cases eliminate the benefits of a higher priced auction.

I just ran some eBay auctions last month after not doing it for awhile and I ended up paying around 20% of my take between eBay and Paypal fee's. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Broadstorm wrote:
I have most of the participation prizes from the DS9 OP (actually all, unless you get into the different colors of the colored bases, in which case, I have 2 green sets & 1 blue set, but not the others). Without putting stuff on eBay, I am trying to unload my stuff, and want to use the prize stuff to recover my losses as I do not expect to get full price for the bought stuff. What should I expect to get for the participation prizes such as the EAD, DS9 (token & model), colored bases, ground troop tokens, etc?

The colored bases from OP3 are soon being released for retail sale by Wizkids, if not already. As a result their price on the secondary market will soon plummet.

Do you have the actual DS9 grand prize model? That sells for $150-$200+ on eBay. The individual participation prizes for OP1 - OP4 sell for about $5 to $10 (Elite Attack Die, Command Tokens, Reinforcements Sideboard, and Flagship cards). The two fighters from OP5 and OP6 (Dominion and Federation Attack fighters) sell for a bit more because they are "ships".

The map elements are more or less worthless.

The secondary market on eBay has been flooded with stuff in the last few months. Generally speaking, the OP prize ships are valuable and the DS9 grand prize is valuable, because they are rare. In collector speak, everything else is "common".

As for bundling, it all depends on what you have. A few "mega-bundles" have appeared on eBay. These are all 6 of the OP prize ships, all 6 of the participation prizes, all 6 sets of map elements, and the final DS9 Grand Prize. These mega-bundles sell for about $600-$800 total.

If you don't have the DS9 grand prize, you're probably better off bundling what you have from each OP event separately for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I do have the model which I won this week. I also have:
2 DS9 tokens with cards
2 DS9 tokens without cards
2 Elite Attack dice
2 flagship sets
2 green colored bases set
1 blue colored bases set
1 command tokens set
1 red shirts set
1 sideboard
1 Hideki class attack squadron
1 Federarion attack squadron
as well as 2 acrylic minefield tokens and & various tokens like OWP, ground forces, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clark
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be interested in the DS9 model if you end up splitting it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Whitehair
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not to steal any thunder or spam the forum with a similar topic, how much would the first prize from all ops and the ds9 and 1 of each resource go for? All sealed except the fengari.I assume the price on the prize ships will only go up in price due to things like martok, a fengari ship, rom pilot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.