Got two game tables and a microphone
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ConnCon has become one of my favorite gaming conventions, and an essential yearly event for me. Today is the first day after the con, and I have the telltale signs of convention withdrawal.

1) Making plans for the next convention with my new FB friends.
2) Thinking of modifications of games I have played once or twice.
3) Making elaborate plans to earn my Master's Degree in Mage Knight.
4) Deciding at 3:30 in the AM as to whether or not I should start organizing and card sleeving the game I just bought at the convention.
5) Creating montages of all the dresses worn at the Pretty Pretty Princess tournament.

And so on and so on.

I am a social gamer, and as such, I fully endorse this convention. Here are a few reasons why:

1) Stamford itself is a cocktail of higher scale shops and burger dives. You can find a fancy steak restaurant near a Macy's and a Trump establishment, then walk a couple blocks and find a Goodwill next to a taco stand. Shopping for everyone.

2) ConnCon is the one convention where I can sign up for planned events and have a great time. 99.9% of the game GMs I have met are all patient and enthusiastic about the games they lead.

3) It is pretty easy to meet people and start conversations, very relaxed attitude.

4) The diversity of games are pretty wide, from Wargames to Party games to RPGs, Euros to Ameritrash.

5) Games continue into the weee hours of the night (which are some of the most interesting conversations).

Over the years, I have noticed that people often stick to their own groups while gaming at conventions, but I have found that the ConnCon group is very welcoming to newcomers, and it is showing through their growth. ConnCon grew so much this year, they have decided to add Fal-Con in the Fall, a convention to be held the last weekend of September. Here is their FB page for those interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/90619742884/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.