Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the current average life expectancy for a male human being like myself? I wonder if I ever get the game before I die ... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the courtesy of a firm, estimated delivery date for backers I'm beginning to regard these updates as insulting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did like the changes that were made to the deck; just get it to the backers please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least Up Front is getting updates, Airborne in my Pocket has been quiet for along time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
At least Up Front is getting updates, Airborne in my Pocket has been quiet for along time.

It has a delivery date of Mar 2013 ... so what? Others play the lottery and lose! I play kickstarter! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volunteers (or people expecting games for their efforts) are "plugging away" at artwork.

Who knows, maybe Rik will convince the factory to "volunteer" its services. Find a kindly freight company -- maybe one of the backers owns an international shipping company -- then get other "volunteers" to act as distribution hubs . . . we'll get this game yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stoker
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
Withoput the courtesy of a firm, estimated delivery date for backers I'm beginning to regard these updates as insulting.

Beginning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
What's the current average life expectancy for a male human being like myself? I wonder if I ever get the game before I die ... whistle

I don't know about an average Austrian male, but an average US male has ~78 years. Females usually have an extra 3 years over males.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
PzVIE wrote:
What's the current average life expectancy for a male human being like myself? I wonder if I ever get the game before I die ... :whistle:

I don't know about an average Austrian male, but an average US male has ~78 years. Females usually have an extra 3 years over males.

That's whole population/whole lifetime figure. Your future life expectancy varies in ways you might find surprising based on the current age of the person who is asking.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Now I know it: I shouldn't have backed ... thanks anyway, Ricky! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap, it's just a population as a whole average. A lot of my relatives have lived to a grand old 90+ before passing, which makes me wonder what's yanking the average down or I've got some old age genetics running in the family.

Ron, don't worry, just pass it on to your next of kin. It'll be like a family heirloom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
Withoput the courtesy of a firm, estimated delivery date for backers I'm beginning to regard these updates as insulting.
I am of the opposite opinion. It seems to me that there is something happening and there might actually be a chance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should at least get updates until the statute of limitations on fraud runs. Although each update may reset the clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
I am of the opposite opinion. It seems to me that there is something happening and there might actually be a chance...that hell freezes over

Fixed that for ya!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
Yeap, it's just a population as a whole average. A lot of my relatives have lived to a grand old 90+ before passing, which makes me wonder what's yanking the average down or I've got some old age genetics running in the family.

Ron, don't worry, just pass it on to your next of kin. It'll be like a family heirloom

Now you've opened up another can of worms: can you bequeath a Kickstarter pledge? Like the the debate over bequeathing iTunes music, that would be an interesting discussion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:

Even an official guesstimate would be better than nothing.

A couple of weeks ago I had the audacity to ask on the kickstarter site if there had been an update as to the release date that I had maybe missed. The immediate responses were comments about "haters".

Ridiculous.

The cards do look good though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
NeoGenesisX wrote:

Now you've opened up another can of worms: can you bequeath a Kickstarter pledge? Like the the debate over bequeathing iTunes music, that would be an interesting discussion...

We'll need to start another thread called: What Does This Mean For My Next of Kin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
We'll need to start another thread called: What Does This Mean For My Next of Kin.

It means they can share your legacy to one day own this grail game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carr
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kick starter pledge will be my family heirloom, to be passed on for generations to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raintree wrote:
My kick starter pledge will be my family heirloom, to be passed on for generations to come.

Yes, mine too, not unlike a claim to the Imperial Throne of Russia by some obscure descendant of the Romanovs. In theory valid, in practice a legal fiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upfront is like a honey-trap for snarky BGG'ers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harro wrote:

I take $100 personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
harro wrote:

I take $100 personally.

I offer you 10$ for your 100$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Sancherib wrote:
Eoin Corrigan wrote:
harro wrote:

I take $100 personally.

I offer you 10$ for your 100$

If you get it, I offer you $1 for your $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.