Hide
6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Number of Ships in a Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Bednar
msg tools
How is it when a player has 4 ships on his hex. Can I then attack with only 2 ships or must the number of ships always be the same?

I just might attack with more ships or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Brandt
Sweden
Stockholm
Skärholmen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limitation in how many ships are needed to attack a hex(well you always need one duh).

The only time it is important to count number of ships, beyond estimating combat strength, is to figure out pinning. Pinning means that every enemy ship on a hex makes one of your ships unable to move past that hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Green
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Less, same or more. You can attack with any amount..

The only thing to keep in mind is pinning, which is where you can't leave unless you have more ships than your opponent. But entering to fight, no limits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniyyel wrote:
How is it when a player has 4 ships on his hex. Can I then attack with only 2 ships or must the number of ships always be the same?

I just might attack with more ships or not?

No you can attack with any number of ships to his hex.
The amount of ships for attacking purpose is not limited (except for pinning purpose).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bednar
msg tools
Yes, the pinning has just confused me. If I now move up a ship to the combat hex, then it is held, but I can just attack with only 2 or 3 ships although there are 4 by the enemy.

But now when I attack with only 3 ships, then the other player can still move away with one of his ships, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniyyel wrote:
Yes, the pinning has just confused me. If I now move up a ship to the combat hex, then it is held, but I can just attack with only 2 or 3 ships although there are 4 by the enemy.

But now when I attack with only 3 ships, then the other player can still move away with one of his ships, right?

Yes. Attacking a hex is a part of movement. When you move your ship(s) into a hex containing other player's ships or with GCDS or ancient one, you're considered to attack. And thus, your engaging ship(s) are pinned.
If you move 1 ship to a hex containing 1 or more ships, your ship is pinned. If you move 2 or more ships to a hex with 1 ship (other player's ship / ancient one), 1 of your ships is pinned (the rest can be moved next). Note that GCDS pin all ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.