Popular Tags: [View All]
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this series.

Been playing Fading Glory for awhile now and just wondering , what with the strategy cards and all if this solos well.

How are the components compared to FG?

Tks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always a bit uncomfortable about responding to these sorts of subjective "will I like this?" questions, but here goes...

'Leipzig 20' is perhaps the least solitaire friendly game in the Nappy20 series, but that still puts very high it up there in comparison to a lot of other hex-n-counter games. The strategy cards aren't that big a "problem" in this regard, rather it's the fact that there are so many more counters on the map than other games in the series (slightly more than double the usual number). Honestly, if you've been playing the four "Fading Glory" games solo, you shouldn't have any problem playing 'Leipzig 20' solo either.

As for component quality:
= The VPG counters are slightly smaller (5/8" rather than 3/4") but significantly thicker than those in FG.
= Assuming you get the boxed version of the game, the maps are printed on cardboard which is about the same thickness as that used for the counters and then puzzle-cut (so you have to "assemble" them), rather than being "mounted" like those in FG. If you get the bagged version of the game the maps are printed on cardstock.
= The rules and player aids are of similar quality to those in FG.

Hope that answers your questions.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series & 'Leipzig 20' designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lance. Thanks. Did not know L 20 was boxed...that's for me!

Can't wait for Rising Glory! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops! My bad -- 'Leipzig 20' has not been upgraded to VPG's boxed/Gold Standard version yet. Only comes bagged (and therefore only has the maps on cardstock, rather than cardboard). Only 'Fuentes de Onoro 20' and 'Danube 20' (Wagram & Aspern-Essling) are boxed at present. Sorry about the confusion, all these Nappy20 games start blending together in my mind after so long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked my usual supplier and it cleary says boxed.

So either events have caught up with you or one of you is in error.

Was going to buy this, but as things are I can only get a French version, so that might be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.