Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
The first of many videos is up on Kick Starter. Ralph and I play the first game of a match using the starting decks. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I got to see this. It dispelled any inclination I had to buy it.

It looks to be a fun game, I suppose, but uses baseball as a theme for cardplay. There's no place in the play of the game to use any actual, baseball strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cook
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Go Pack Go!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the video. It makes me want to play right now. I am really excited for your game.

Although, I am bummed out with the starting teams of NY, SF, LA, and Boston. All big market teams I can't stand. Why not Detroit or Chicago? Why is it always the east or west coast teams that get all the love? The midwest has great baseball franchises too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcook144 wrote:
Thanks for the video. It makes me want to play right now. I am really excited for your game.

Although, I am bummed out with the starting teams of NY, SF, LA, and Boston. All big market teams I can't stand. Why not Detroit or Chicago? Why is it always the east or west coast teams that get all the love? The midwest has great baseball franchises too!

Here here, yea the Twins are essentially a professional Farm Team (or that seems to be our local joke we tell ourselves to keep our chins up...since whenever we trade away or let someone go they end up going far in the playoffs or winning the series).

Edit: I backed this day one still
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
I'm glad I got to see this. It dispelled any inclination I had to buy it.

It looks to be a fun game, I suppose, but uses baseball as a theme for cardplay. There's no place in the play of the game to use any actual, baseball strategy.

Hi, Darrell. I got to play a full game of this (against Ralph) over the weekend at ConnCon and my experience was the opposite of your takeaway here.

The game *reeks* of baseball. It's not a pitch by pitch sim, but in our contest there were games that were dominated by pitchers and games where we let the sluggers hit it out, games full of late inning heroics, even extra innings. The player decisions dictate which way each game, each series plays out.

The narrative is absolutely one of the national pastime that we know and love.

As ever, YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2BNQ9ZnY8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cook
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Go Pack Go!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
joker9991 wrote:
mcook144 wrote:

Here here, yea the Twins are essentially a professional Farm Team (or that seems to be our local joke we tell ourselves to keep our chins up...since whenever we trade away or let someone go they end up going far in the playoffs or winning the series).

Edit: I backed this day one still :P

Minnesota would be good too. You could have Kirby Puckett and Jack Morris to be Jack Puckett for a natural player. Come on Mike Fitzgerald and Eagle games, give us some midwest teams like Detroit, Chicago, and/or Minnesota!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a total of 6 How To Videos. All of them are done, edited, and most have been published to the Kickstarter and You Tube and are in the process of being approved here on BGG.

The Baseball Highlights 2045 How To Videos include:

Mini-Game Demo

Playing the Cards Demo

Running the Bases Demo

Buying Free Agents Demo

Pinch Hitting Demo

Extra Innings Demo

They are all in process and you should find them in the Video section on the Baseball Highlights 2045 Entry.

Best,
Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Detroit and Chicago are where some of the best Free Agents in the game are from. The starting teams are all Rookies and Veterans. The best players in the game come from other teams. Check out the player card profiles and you will see the other cities represented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.