Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Isn't wizkids attending some sort of event this week where they will preview attack wing stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Isn't wizkids attending some sort of event this week where they will preview attack wing stuff?

You may be thinking of the GAMA trade show. And yes, Wizkids does have several presentations there, from what I understand. We don't really know if any of it will be attack wing stuff, though chances are good that some of it will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, they have presentations from 11-12, 2-3, and 4-5 today.

Then 9-10 tommorow

Anyone covering it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally speaking the information hits the web pretty quickly.

I expect we will have answers as to what the grand prize of the Collective event is, and perhaps what the Collective brick is. I don't expect details on participation or winning prizes, but there might be an image like the Dominion War events so we would know that its a Ferengi ship or whatever.

I also expect we will see some tease about OP events AFTER the collective. It will prolly be nothing more than titles, but at least it will show support beyond the end of the collective. I would not be shocked to see another storyline event to be announced. Finally, there could be information on release waves beyond October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alyksandyr wrote:
Generally speaking the information hits the web pretty quickly.

I expect we will have answers as to what the grand prize of the Collective event is, and perhaps what the Collective brick is. I don't expect details on participation or winning prizes, but there might be an image like the Dominion War events so we would know that its a Ferengi ship or whatever.

I also expect we will see some tease about OP events AFTER the collective. It will prolly be nothing more than titles, but at least it will show support beyond the end of the collective. I would not be shocked to see another storyline event to be announced. Finally, there could be information on release waves beyond October.

I would love to see information like this, but unfortunately I have a feeling that they will be talking about the stuff after Voyager/Wave 4, which we unfortunately all already know about! The last pictures that were posted online from a presentation talked about the Borg are coming and a picture of Wave 4 ships (I think it was at an Alliance meeting) I definitely could see them talking about The Arena, Tholian Web (probably 1 slide), and the Collective (one or two slides) Hopefully we'll get an idea of what they intend with the brick. They have so much stuff to talk about up through October releases that they need to hype those waves of releases (to people that don't follow STAW as closely as some of us on the boards try to) before talking about what will happen beyond October.

Considering the number of people hitting the AWD&D page (it was #1 on the BGG hotness list yesterday and right now it's still #8 above X-Wing), I'm guessing they are going to use as much time or maybe even more time talking about that than STAW.

Hopefully there will be some good nuggets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally speaking, the GAMA presentation is a WizKids promotional event for them to let the brick and mortar stores out there know what they have planned for the next 10-12 months.

That's what I was basing my expectations on. Some of the stuff they reveal will be nothing more than titles and word art. But it's always a good thing to know what they have in store for the product line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an example of the pre-presentation stuff.

http://www.crittohit.com/superhero/wizkids-games-dc-comics-h...

None of it is related to Attack Wing.... but this is the type of stuff you will get from GAMA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very surprised if they don't mention Attack Wing. I would think it is a large growing product for them. I hope this information, if any, gets to us today! I am in need of new information, like the prize and OP info for the Collective, the five blind ships, and the cards out of Voyager!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 hour to go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Any news?

The only source I've seen so far is from CritToHit....and they've only talked about DC Heroclix 'War of the Light' OP so far (which is probably their biggest upcoming thing).

I'm figureing that Dice Masters and Attack Wing (both lines) will be in the back 3rd of their presentations....if not tomorrow.

Having said that, I would like that info next. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah my Google-Fu has turned up nothing yet. Crit to Hit might be the best place to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
traitorarmor wrote:
DonMegel wrote:
Any news?

The only source I've seen so far is from CritToHit....and they've only talked about DC Heroclix 'War of the Light' OP so far (which is probably their biggest upcoming thing).

I'm figureing that Dice Masters and Attack Wing (both lines) will be in the back 3rd of their presentations....if not tomorrow.

Having said that, I would like that info next. whistle

CritToHit's article on War of Light is from yesterday. No word what they've talked about so far today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
CritToHit posted an image-heavy recap of the 11am session, only covered War of Light. And now, back to waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
30 more mins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, 30 minutes till it starts (15 now), but usually people don't post until after it's over, so as not to miss the presentation itself. And then uploading photos takes time. Slow your roll, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Campbell
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems Attack Wing is being talked about in some form. Nothing we don't already know, but Dice Tower just updated about the OP blind-buy packs.

https://twitter.com/thedicetower/status/446036777896140800

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Waiting is not my strongest attribute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I guess no news from any of thier presentations today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just think if those solicits hadn't already been posted and Tom Vasel was posting that tweet. I think this board would have exploded At least I know a better hashtag to look for news on twitter #gts2014. The X-Wing news is pretty cool, although that was also posted on FFG's website today as well (and not surprising at all considering what just finally hit the market this week).

Wallet... weakening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.