Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Thompson
United States
Thomson
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fireflythegame.com/Home.aspx

They're now officially for sale from the distributor for only 10 dollars, plus 5 shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
dough54321 wrote:
only 10 dollars, plus 5 shipping!

"Only" $3 per card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, that's what I paid for them on Amazon months ago, and a lot of people were willing to pay a lot more on eBay.

Having seen Boba Fett and Darth Revan sell for over $100 dollars when I used to play Star Wars miniatures, maybe my tolerance for stuff like this is set too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the big question for me is - are they worth it? From a gameplay standpoint?

I've been playing heroclix for awhile and I'm kind of burnt on tracking down chase/prime/le versions. If its fun to play I'm interested. If its for show I'm leery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are definitely better versions of the regular cards. If you manage to collect 'em all, you're looking at up to 2K more for an Illegal Job. Mal's bonus on Crime Jobs, for example, effectively goes from +$500, to somewhere between +$700 and +$900. It definitely builds up.

Honestly, to me, they're good "handicap" cards. I would probably never use them myself, but if I played against a less experienced player, I would let them use the Promo versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for heads up. Order placed, I thought I'd never get my hands on them. Card cost in the UK works out £1.80 a card.

Yes they are a tad more expensive than say Fang's Sand's of Cairo cards. But then again I've paid more for a rare CCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
ozmo wrote:
So the big question for me is - are they worth it? From a gameplay standpoint?

The promos might be the least worthwhile promos I've seen in a while. Thematically, I can't see how they can be used in conjunction with the existing cards in the game since it makes no sense to have duplicate Mals running around.

So, what happens is you buy 5 cards and then remove 5 cards from your base set and so you have spent 5 dollars to swap out 5 perfectly playable cards with 5 almost identical cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not essential but I find them useful for helping to speed the game along a little bit without unbalancing it (gameplay time tends to be the main gripe above everything else). Chances are, one player won't get their hands on all of them anyway, since they're spread around a fair bit. In my experience, with five player games, everyone tends to wind up with one each.

The bit of extra cash tends to get people to be a bit more daring, attempting trickier jobs with more misbehaves sooner, which I find makes games more interesting. Plus, the little extra cash just gives everyone a small bump in buying power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Mazz
United States
Bozrah
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will absolutely buy them. Not because they're worth it, or amazing, or I can't play without them, but because I love this game.

The sad truth:
Base Boardgame - 381 cards - $49.99 - $0.13 per card and board, book and bits for free.
Breaking Atmo - 50 cards - $11.99 - $0.24 per card plus a rules card
Bid Damn Heroes - 5 cards - $10.00 - $2.00 per card for cards you sort of already own.

A few expansions from now we might be seeing 3 cards for $20. Let's hope not.

Sigh, it's an addiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you want to see how much of an addiction, just try to get Mal's Pretty Floral Bonnet!

I just paid $35 for custom cards, so apparently I'm so addicted that I'm brewing up my own drugs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wake me when the Artful Dodger is up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Sawyer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mmesich wrote:

It already is http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kkyarrick wrote:
mmesich wrote:

Thanks! Now THAT I'll pay $10 for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
kkyarrick wrote:
mmesich wrote:

Thanks! Now THAT I'll pay $10 for!

Hmm. $10. A pretty good price. But that does now make the same £10 price for the cards a bit of pricey. I wonder what the production costs of the board and miniature are compared to 5 cards. Anyone with an idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Barnes
United States
Clinton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered both, cards and the Artful Dodger. Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kkyarrick wrote:
mmesich wrote:

Wow, I only checked there a few hours ago, will we see the resin ships soon???? or Mel's bonnet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Thompson
United States
Thomson
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paleologos
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to buy this, but the shipping cost is WAY too high... 20 Euros to ship to Greece? 27 Euros in total for a small board and a plastic mini? I love this game, but not THAT much...

Now I'm sad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narayannis wrote:
I wanted to buy this, but the shipping cost is WAY too high... 20 Euros to ship to Greece? 27 Euros in total for a small board and a plastic mini? I love this game, but not THAT much...

Now I'm sad

Was that on the US site or through the Battlefront site? If it is shipping from the US, I wonder if BFM will fulfil shipping to Greece cheaper.

When I ordered it passed me over to the BFM shop and that showed 7 euros.

Oh wait that wasn't the shipping. /faceslap/

Freight for the BDH cards was £2.48 UKP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping they put together a collectors edition box with everything in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
Thanks for heads up. Order placed, I thought I'd never get my hands on them. Card cost in the UK works out £1.80 a card.

Yes they are a tad more expensive than say Fang's Sand's of Cairo cards. But then again I've paid more for a rare CCG.

My order dropped on mat this morning. Thanks GF9 and BFM very fast, great service. Most pleased.

@Battlefront Miniatures:
Please stop using those 'easy open' enveloped with the perforations. My postman showed the envelope to me, the perforations had opened up 1/2 way along and the contents were hanging out. They are not surviving the journey through the automated sorting offices and the ride in their postal bags.

Thankfully my post is a good guy, he wanted me to make sure nothing was missing. Thankfully the cards were still there (but £1000 cheque that I always hope is in every envelope wasn't whistle ).

Small edits to correct tired fingers and brain cells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paleologos
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
Narayannis wrote:

Now I'm sad

Was that on the US site or through the Battlefront site? If it is shipping from the US, I wonder if BFM will fulfil shipping to Greece cheaper.

When I ordered it passed me over to the BFM shop and that showed 7 euros.

Oh wait that wasn't the shipping. /faceslap/

Freight for the BDH cards was £2.48 UKP.

Hi, and sorry for the delay in answering.
If you mean the Flames of War site, yes, I was transferred there. And the price is still 20 euros for shipping

All this week, I've been fighting with myself NOT to give in to the temptation, but I'm afraid I won't avoid it after all. Damn you GF9! You've found my weakness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.