Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: A farming game with "cute" stylish art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I despise the idea of farming games in general and my girlfriend and I are predominantly Ameritrash or "thematic" gamers. Recently she has been addicted to some cutesy farming game on her iPhone and I was wondering I'd there are any board games they may be similar. The problem with all the ones I've seen is the art is drab and boring. Any ideas?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola



Garden Dice
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieren Medley
United States
Brady
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Farmerama is the only one I can think of that might be "cute".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pearson

Georgia
msg tools
mb
Bean Farming!!! aka Bonanza
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at Farmageddon. It's a fairly light game, but has a lot of take that and some pretty fun art.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:


Agricola is what I refer to as "boring" looking. I agree the art in Garden Dice is "cute" but we tried the game and didn't care for it. Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Castle Dice? Not exactly all about farming, but the animals and overall presentation are cute.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiceSpec wrote:
Farmerama is the only one I can think of that might be "cute".


Good suggestion, looks close. Thanks

newkillerstar27 wrote:
How about Castle Dice? Not exactly all about farming, but the animals and overall presentation are cute.


I saw that but I think we have too many dice based games and garden dice didn't go over well. We love Alien Frontiers so that would probably hit the table instead. I'll look into it again though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola tricked out with Animeeples and Vegimeeples! How can that not be cute? Even my 10-yr-old daughter loves playing this game, and it's entirely because she can play with the little sheep.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ttallan wrote:
Agricola tricked out with Animeeples and Vegimeeples! How can that not be cute? Even my 10-yr-old daughter loves playing this game, and it's entirely because she can play with the little sheep.


She doesn't like the art style. I have considered Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small though as an alternative.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really farming, but I could see it scratching a similar thing. For sure hits the "cute" stylish art aspect.

Dungeon Petz

It hides a quite brutal brain burner of a game in there. A huge hit with my wife.

5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Takenoko? It's farming bamboo...with a panda.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigismundoh wrote:
Not really farming, but I could see it scratching a similar thing. For sure hits the "cute" stylish art aspect.

Dungeon Petz

It hides a quite brutal brain burner of a game in there. A huge hit with my wife.



I actually own this, haven't played it yet. It's on my priority "to learn" list. Thanks for the reminder, maybe this is the answer. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finca is (loosely-themed) farming and delivery with meeples, so a bit cutesy. It's also pretty vicious once you get into it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't get much cuter than My Happy Farm.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moramis wrote:
It doesn't get much cuter than My Happy Farm.


You nailed it with the art there though I should have prefaced that we don't really play light or filler games. So far it seems Dungeon Petz and Castle Dice are the best options.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower+Keyflower: The Farmers

Adorable, and amazing game play= win/win
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
. Recently she has been addicted to some cutesy farming game on her iPhone and I was wondering I'd there are any board games they may be similar.?


I think I know the iPhone game. My wife loves it and asked me once to join. I asked if I could raze other players farms. Since the answer was no I never played it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Randougall wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
. Recently she has been addicted to some cutesy farming game on her iPhone and I was wondering I'd there are any board games they may be similar.?


I think I know the iPhone game. My wife loves it and asked me once to join. I asked if I could raze other players farms. Since the answer was no I never played it.


The one she plays is called "HayDay". I don't really know if she would like a board game about farming but I just thought it was worth investigating. I appreciate all the comments and suggestions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't do it!

You hate farming!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Shear Panic is cute...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
White Elk wrote:
Keyflower+Keyflower: The Farmers

Adorable, and amazing game play= win/win

Key Market and Key Harvest are good options, too. Surprised it took so long for anyone to mention a Key game. They seem like the best fit to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
violetchimaera wrote:
White Elk wrote:
Keyflower+Keyflower: The Farmers

Adorable, and amazing game play= win/win

Key Market and Key Harvest are good options, too. Surprised it took so long for anyone to mention a Key game. They seem like the best fit to me.


Yeah, I never considered it before. I'll check it out. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked at Wooly Bully? Those sheep are adorable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it, but Caverna: The Cave Farmers has farming elements (cops and animals) and the look of the game might appeal to you more than Agricola. I think At the Gates of Loyang, another one I haven't played, is mainly about crop farming.

I absolutely love Agricola but I can understand if she feels the artwork is drab. It would take some game "pimping" to make it more visually appealing...though there are certainly plenty of ways to do so!

I guess it depends on whether she's interested in the animal aspect, the crop aspect, or both.

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small is definitely a cute game focused on the animals...we tried it once but having already played Agricola, we didn't care for it as much.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.