Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave is outdoing himself this time. Grab them while they're hot! Most are 40-45% off list to begin with.

http://www.timewellspentgames.com/content/home.php
Scroll to the bottom of the home page.

Highlights include:

Super Dungeon Explore and expansions - only 2 expansions left, core games sold
Krosmaster Arena and expansions
Nightfall and expansions
Warhammer Invasion and expansions
Unhappy King Charles
Wings of Glory: WWI expansions
Zombiecide and expansions All sold!

And so on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: TimwWellSpent's spring clearance sale
Some okay prices, but just taking a random game for comparison's sake:

Mythic Battles Expansion 1 on this site is $13.75 + $10.49 shipping for a total of $24.24>

On the other hand, Mythic Battles Expansion 1 on Amazon is $20.17 with free Prime shipping.

Off the top of my head, I see several other items that follow a similar pattern.

Thanks for posting though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queue "ugly formatting" comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is only really worth it if you can load up $150+ worth of goods, maybe $100, but not that much. Still, thank you OP for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good games in there:
Bargain Hunter
Rheinlander
Rise of Empires
Vegas Showdown

Sadly nothing I don't have worth placing an order around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb
$11 to ship really takes the wind out of my sails! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of us can pick the games up from Dave's warehouse in Denver which precludes shipping and is always good news for us. For those that want to pick up complete systems (such as Krosmaster or Zombiecide) it would make it very worthwhile because shipping would be free over a certain limit.

Sure if you pick up something for $10 shipping will cost a large percentage of that in addition. That's the way things work.

Dave's sales also get cheaper over time like a dutch auction. If they sell out - they sell out for good. If they hang around they get ever cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good prices on the Warhammer LCG stuff if you buy enough of it. And the 95 cent Mage Wars spellbook pack is a nice add-on for anyone going through with an order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:

Mythic Battles Expansion 1 on this site is $13.75 + $10.49 shipping for a total of $24.24>

On the other hand, Mythic Battles Expansion 1 on Amazon is $20.17 with free Prime shipping.

Off the top of my head, I see several other items that follow a similar pattern.

Don't you mean:

Quote:
Mythic Battles Expansion 1 on Amazon is $20.17 + $79.99 with free Prime shipping for a total of $120.16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Nice deal on Revolver stuff:

Revolver $16.50
Revolver 2: Last Stand at Malpaso $16.50
Revolver: Ambush on Gunshot Trail (Expansion 1.1) $8.20
Revolver: Hunt the Man Down (Expansion 1.2) $8.20

Nice deal on Zombicide stuff:

Zombicide $53.99
Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak $59.99
Zombicide: Toxic City Mall $35.99
Zombicide: Box of Zombies - Set #1 (Walk of the Dead) $14.99
Zombicide: Box of Zombies - Set #2 (Toxic Crowd) $14.99
Zombicide: Box of Zombies - Set #3 (Angry Zombies) $14.99
Zombicide: Box of Zombies - Set #4 (Walk of the Dead 2) $14.99
Zombicide: Box of Zombies - Set #5 (Zombie Dogz) $14.99
Zombicide: Box of Dogs - Set #6 (Dog Companions) $11.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Kursplat2 wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

Don't you mean:

Quote:
Mythic Battles Expansion 1 on Amazon is $20.17 + $79.99 with free Prime shipping for a total of $120.16.

And about to be $99...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kursplat2 wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

Don't you mean:

Quote:

Depends on how often you use your Prime shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:

Thank you for posting this. With all of the household goods we buy through Amazon, plus movies, games, etc., even at 99.99 for a year of Prime, we are well beyond the "break even" point.

People love to dismiss Prime because of it's annual cost, but there are loads of us out there who are able to take advantage of it. So, yes, to us these deals are lukewarm to cold.

But, I guess every deal, in the end, should carry a YMMV on it because everyone's circumstances are different.

Just get tired of people dumping on Prime, as if we're paying the annual cost and then only buying one thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
statman8 wrote:
Many of us can pick the games up from Dave's warehouse in Denver which precludes shipping and is always good news for us.

But you then pay tax. Which is almost as bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
It's like a car that constantly makes noises that sound like a screaming cat. It something so painful that you notice every time you use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
statman8 wrote:
Many of us can pick the games up from Dave's warehouse in Denver which precludes shipping and is always good news for us.

Not when I drive from Cheyenne, Wyoming If my wife and I are in the area it's a win/win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb
vveaponx wrote:
curtc wrote:
statman8 wrote:

Not when I drive from Cheyenne, Wyoming If my wife and I are in the area it's a win/win.

LUCKY!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
Kursplat2 wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

Don't you mean:

Quote:

We buy off Amazon about once a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
curtc wrote:
It's like a car that constantly makes noises that sound like a screaming cat. It something so painful that you notice every time you use it.

At least it's better then the new CSI format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great prices on the Wings of Glory stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:

Amazon vs OLGS is an apples/oranges argument that has been flogged endlessly in the Hot Deals forum. If you only buy games one at a time then of course Amazon is great but many Hot Deals subscribers min/max their game investments much more efficiently. ninja

I'm a Prime customer myself and use it plenty but OLGS with lower prices are always a better deal for those of us that aren't in a huge rush to get our games.

TWS, CSI, and CH are happy to hold games and add items until you reach the free shipping threshold. (and MM will do so if you have a pre-order item in your order) I've got held orders with all four at the moment in fact.

I haven't paid shipping on 99% of my 600+ games, and only buy from Amazon when they actually offer the occasional deal that is significantly cheaper than everyday prices at OLGS.

Plus Dave at TWS is an awesome guy that will bend over backwards to make his customers happy, including price matching other OLGS that offer free shipping as long as he doesn't lose money.

If I'd bought most of my collection at Amazon it would have cost me thousands more over bundling for free shipping via OLGS.

Another thing everyone neglects when mentioning Amazon is that anything shipping Prime gets charged taxed to most US residents.

As much as I use Amazon I'm not sure I'll renew at the higher price of $99. If you have it, I highly suggest going back through your orders for 2013 and counting how many were specifically Prime shipped orders.

We order a LOT from Amazon so I thought for sure we were getting our money's worth, but when I dug deeper this is what I really found:

- A good number of orders weren't Prime anyway.

- A sizable chunk of orders were over $35 which would have shipped free anyway AND weren't things that 2-day vs 3-5 day shipping mattered at all.

Deduct a personal valuation for Prime Video if you use it (we don't need it) and divide the difference between only the remaining orders and you may be in for a rude awakening as to how much of a premium you're really paying per shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
NuMystic wrote:

I'm a Prime customer myself and use it plenty but OLGS with lower prices are always a better deal for those of us that aren't in a huge rush to get our games.
I haven't paid shipping on 99% of my 600+ games, and only buy from Amazon when they actually offer the occasional deal that is significantly cheaper than everyday prices at OLGS.

Therefore, OLGS are not "always a better deal"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never said they were. You're arguing a point I never made by ignoring all the conditional qualifiers in the passage you quoted.

I said that OLGS are always a better deal when they have lower prices than Amazon specifically for those of us that are willing to bundle and wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

Amazon vs OLGS is an apples/oranges argument that has been flogged endlessly in the Hot Deals forum. If you only buy games one at a time then of course Amazon is great but many Hot Deals subscribers min/max their game investments much more efficiently. ninja

TWS, CSI, and CH are happy to hold games and add items until you reach the free shipping threshold. (and MM will do so if you have a pre-order item in your order) I've got held orders with all four at the moment in fact.

Plus Dave at TWS is an awesome guy that will bend over backwards to make his customers happy, including price matching other OLGS that offer free shipping as long as he doesn't lose money.

If I'd bought most of my collection at Amazon it would have cost me thousands more over bundling for free shipping via OLGS.

Another thing everyone neglects when mentioning Amazon is that anything shipping Prime gets charged taxed to most US residents.

As much as I use Amazon I'm not sure I'll renew at the higher price of $99. If you have it, I highly suggest going back through your orders for 2013 and counting how many were specifically Prime shipped orders.

We order a LOT from Amazon so I thought for sure we were getting our money's worth, but when I dug deeper this is what I really found:

- A good number of orders weren't Prime anyway.

- A sizable chunk of orders were over $35 which would have shipped free anyway AND weren't things that 2-day vs 3-5 day shipping mattered at all.

Deduct a personal valuation for Prime Video if you use it (we don't need it) and divide the difference between only the remaining orders and you may be in for a rude awakening as to how much of a premium you're really paying per shipment.

I couldn't agree more. If I can, I'll purchase thru Dave everytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

Dude, you're so right. That website looks like it's something my 10-year-old son built.

Actually nix that, my son's designs are more intuitive ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.