Subject: Cool Stuff Inc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone had any experience ordering from Cool Stuff Inc?

They have both expansions available to pre-order for $19.95 each. I was thinking about getting them, but was wondering how speedy their free shipping is? I know you have to spend $100 to get the free shipping, but that shouldn't be a problem, since I plan on getting 2 copies of each expansion. Then I just need to come up with $20 more in stuff... Probably Warhammer Invasion: Hidden Kingdoms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used cool stuff for awhile now. Monsterpocalypse, star wars minis, heroclix & board games. Pre-orders are reliable and reasonable. You probably won't have it release day but within a few days. A week at the outside. that's been my experience. I live in Florida but have heard similar from others. as always YMMV.

And no, I don't work for cool stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
About 90% of my game purchases come from CSI. They have incredible customer service (at least in my experience). Besides the free shipping plan, they have a customer rewards plan that's also a nice feature.

If I lived close to a FLGS, I'd be inclined to support, but being able to save around 30% off MSRP has stretched my gaming budget significantly over the years...

Anyway, a big plug for CSI on this front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They ship quite fast, next day. If you order extremely early in the day (eastern time zone), even the same day. Normally via FedEx home, at least for me in Arizona. Takes about 4 days to arrive after shipping for me (Florida to Arizona). This is not like the Amazon free shipping where it may take several days for them to get around to sending it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend Coolstuff. There should be a chart somewhere during the checkout process that shows how long something will take to get from Florida to Michigan (using the $100 free shipping, it should be FedEx Ground).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI makes happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI customer service has been a joy to deal with, and overall their prices are significantly better than their competition. I order everything from them. I live in Pennsylvania and CSI is in Florida. They seem to use exclusively FedEx to my location, and the process is nearly always 4 days from when I order, though sometimes it's been 3. I can't complain about that at all.

FedEx has a nasty habit of underestimating delivery by a day and continually proclaiming the package is "On Schedule" and then pushing the date back. Yeah, still on schedule alright. That complaint is with FedEx though, not CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The only annoyance I have is with CSI's pre-order policy and free shipping combined

Example 1: I want to pre-order a few things that come out at different time frames, you won't get any of the preorders until they are all available

Example 2: I want to pre-order something as well as combine it with something that is currently in stock. The things in stock wouldn't ship until the pre-order was avaialble.

From the examples above you can see how it can be pricey if you want to get free shipping @ $100. You would have to break them up and add more to each cart to qualify -- typically I've seen $8-$10 for one game in shipping so it is worth going for $100 (to them and you) for free shipping.

This of course does not discourage me from ordering from the site with best service and prices: CSI. Just thought it would be beneficial for you to know since you mentioned you wanted to pre-order some stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!

Thank you all. I guess that sell's me. I'll be ordering my expansions from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember if they are releasing them separately and you order them together you will have to wait till the second one releases to get them, but I'm pretty sure these are being released at the same time.
And c s I is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agree with everyone here CSI is fantastic i do all my online game shopping through them.

i had to order through amazon once and they took 3 days just to ship out my order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI and Miniature Market have been very very good to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is awesome all around. They ship Fedex Ground, as many have noted. Small, single items ship using the Fedex/USPS hybrid system. Both arrive within 4 days for me.

Their rewards program is pretty cool too - 5% discounts in the top tier on top of their already low prices on boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another +1 for CSI. I live in Orlando so I do in store pick-up. They have a great operation and are extremely friendly to their customers. They are my default first stop for game purchases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myron Mychal
United States
Schofield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another big +1 for Cool Stuff. Friendly customer service, fast shipping, excellent website. It's my first stop for shopping for my gaming needs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.