Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this question had been asked, but couldn't find it looking through the forums, so apologies if there is an answer somewhere.

I was reading through the Setup and Gameplay document that was available on the website and on page 3 it states:

"Ben: Time for the Refresh Phase. First, we need to adjust the Darkness Meter. It looks like there are five grubbers within threat range of Joshua’s brigand, which means they are activated. Ben adjusts the Darkness Meter, which started at 3 and advances by 5. This means that it reached 6, is reset, and then advances by 2 more, ending on the “2” space."

Shouldn't the Darkness meter advance by 1??

Just looking for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. They've acknowledged that the example is a mistake. A non-designer wrote it and got it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Picouet
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it definitely DOES NOT advance by 1 per monster figure.

This is a known issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I figured as much and I know I read it somewhere (between here, Kickstarter comments and the mercs website it all becomes convoluted).

I've had my copy for about a week, but haven't been able to get my boys together for a game. I'm going to try to sit down and play a little solo to get a better feel for it. I was feeling quite confident until I read that this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hatchhermit wrote:
Yes. They've acknowledged that the example is a mistake. A non-designer wrote it and got it wrong.

It explicitly says in the rules that you up the Darkness AP by the number of activated minions, not the number of activated minion types. We all now recognize that this is in error. But I am not surprised that he got it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KnobDoctor wrote:
hatchhermit wrote:

It explicitly says in the rules that you up the Darkness AP by the number of activated minions, not the number of activated minion types. We all now recognize that this is in error. But I am not surprised that he got it wrong.

No, the 1 Ap per type is in the rule book in the same line that refresh AP is explained. Here is the exact line from the rule book. Emphasis added by me.

"In the Refresh Phase, the Darkness Meter is added to based off the number of activated enemies (Minions and Captains of the same Monster type are counted as one)."

Whoever wrote the narrative ignored the portion in parenthesis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, the game can be made 'easier' by having hunting packs and lairs be the same monster type to have less AP tick off during refresh.

(at least that is how I understand it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.