Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing this game with my group and we enjoy it. We are huge fans of Lords of Waterdeep and Dominion so naturally we had to enhance this game just a bit by coming up with a variant to keep the Skulduggery factor in it.

So I came up with something I call 'Spoils of War' cards. Basically, if you engage in a battle and win, you can draw a spoils card. Spoils cards can be a new environment, condition, or a temporary power that the user gets. I came up with card types such as Single Use and Persistent to keep the effects balanced.

Below are just a few Spoils card descriptions. We are up to like 24 now. Next we just need to play test this to see how it goes.

Spoils cards:

Green with Envy – Gain 4 gold for every opponent’s Green Village reduced to 1 or 2 cards. Details: When an opponent builds a green village, it takes 3 cards for them to build it. If any opponent ends the game with less than 3 cards in their Green Village for any reason, you gain 4 Gold regardless if you helped reduce the village size. Note that Buildings and Animals count as cards. If the player has 2 green cards and an animal or building still in the village, the bonus does not apply. TYPE: Persistent

Monster Mash – Gain an additional 2 Gold for every Orc and Goblin in any of your villages at game end. TYPE: Persistent

Purple Nurple – Gain an additional 2 Gold for every Purple card stolen (kidnapped) from an opponent’s village. Details: Keep track of these stolen cards somehow but keep it to yourself. Do not reveal your objective until the game end. You must still have these cards at the game end. TYPE: Persistent

Show me the money – Gain an additional 2 Gold for every Merchant you kidnap from a village. Details: Keep track of these stolen cards somehow but keep it to yourself. Do not reveal your objective until the game end. You must still have these cards at the game end. TYPE: Persistent

Meat Market – Gain an additional 2 Gold for every Animal you kidnap from someone else’s village. Details: Keep track of these stolen cards somehow but keep it to yourself. Do not reveal your objective until the game end. You must still have these cards at the game end. TYPE: Persistent

Bob the Builder’s Stalker Ex-Girlfriend – Gain an additional 2 Gold for every builder you kidnap. Details: Keep track of these stolen cards somehow but keep it to yourself. Do not reveal your objective until the game end. You must still have these cards at the game end. TYPE: Persistent

Denied! – Play this card immediately to stop a player from any of the following: Attacking your village, Kidnapping a Unit, or Destroying a Unit regardless of the outcome of battle. Discard after use. Details: this does not save a Hireling if you use one. If you took a card out of your hand to defend, you still discard it after the battle. This card does not protect against the Flu. TYPE: Single Use

Rehired! – Play this card to put a hireling back into your hand after a battle. Details: THIS IS ONLY if your Opponent does not kidnap him. This only applies to a card you played from your hand in a battle that will end up going to your graveyard during the PAY UP phase. Discard after use. This is usable as an attacker or defender. TYPE: Single Use

Not that one! – Play this card to give an attacker a card of your choice when you lose a battle. Details: After you lose a battle, you can give the attacker any card of yours whether it is from your hand, any of your villages, or your graveyard INSTEAD of the card the attacker chooses. Discard after use. TYPE: Single Use

Whoop-de-do! – This card is worth 2 Gold at the end of the game. That’s it. Details: Yep, just 2 lousy Gold. TYPE: Persistent

Earthquake!! - Play on any player upon a successful attack. All of the buildings in the defending Village are leveled and go into the defender’s graveyard. Details: Only applies to the village being attacked. This card cannot be played in the FINAL ROUND or at the END OF THE GAME. Discard after use. TYPE: Single Use

Pedro’s Cousins – Add an additional defender from your village (defending village only) or from your hand. If additional defender comes from your hand, it is treated still as a hireling and you must discard it also during the pay up phase. Discard after use. TYPE: Single Use

EDIT: I included text in the cards saying to keep track of cards that were stolen. We actually mark stolen cards with a token. It doesn't have to mean that you have that particular Spoils card, it's just cool to mark cards that we've kidnapped like they are trophies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaron Frost
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Haha! This is a great idea. A few people have mentioned adding secret goals like this, and I think it could easily fit in with the game. Let me know how your playtests go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will. It was fun coming up with the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.