Subject: Two or more dice of same character active rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Gestwicki
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Admittedly I've only skimmed the official rules, but does anyone have a quick answer for what happens when you have two or more of the same character dice in your field?

Does each die attack/defend separately? Do they stack? Can you only have one active at a time?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that they both attack or defend as usual.

The hero manages to kick a lot more butt this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have more than one of the same character dice in play. Same as Quarriors. I just see it as you having a more powerful version of the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically I'm going to view it as the same character making different attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Gestwicki
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it was the theme more than the rules that I was having a problem with. Especially on defense. One Wolverine gets knocked out but the other is fine? I'm not sure what could have been done rules-wise to fix this, but for some reason it still bothers me.

But thanks for the replies guys. I never played Quarriors, but I am greatly looking forward to this game.

And as a side note (and hopefully not to start a big thing): I'm actually looking forward to the collectibility of this game. It's cheap enough where you won't break the bank and there's that thrill of the hunt, so to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it for many reasons, too! And the numbers/abilities don't stack, the dice are treated as two separate attackers/blockers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't try to think too hard about the theme in this game unless you have an answer for why Thor will only show up once a bunch of sidekicks make energy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoyMeetsWorld wrote:
I guess it was the theme more than the rules that I was having a problem with. Especially on defense. One Wolverine gets knocked out but the other is fine? I'm not sure what could have been done rules-wise to fix this, but for some reason it still bothers me.

But thanks for the replies guys. I never played Quarriors, but I am greatly looking forward to this game.

And as a side note (and hopefully not to start a big thing): I'm actually looking forward to the collectibility of this game. It's cheap enough where you won't break the bank and there's that thrill of the hunt, so to speak.

I kinda think of it like this: Wolverine was able to get more than one attack in, but the first was blocked, but he was able to counter that block. Think of multiple dice as more than one attack about that character in one setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
Don't try to think too hard about the theme in this game unless you have an answer for why Thor will only show up once a bunch of sidekicks make energy.

I think of it like the movies, sidekicks get in trouble and Thor or some other hero comes to save them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoyMeetsWorld wrote:
One Wolverine gets knocked out but the other is fine?

Wolverine is beat up enough that he's not at full strength (1 die down) until he has time to recover (roll it again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.