Subject: Questions that popped up during our first blitz conquest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,
it would be very kind to help us out.
1) City had a white defender with cold/fire resistance + physical resistance. Does this mean, that I have to do double the amount of damage either way, as fire, ice, cold/fire, and physical is not effective? This kinda made us wonder, why they did not just increase its armor directly by 2x.

2) Same City also had another Worm Minion in it with no resistances. From what I understand, it does get the resistances from the white token. What happens now, if I kill the white token with whirlwind spell? Does the worm token keep all resistances? Is this also kinda the answer to question 1?

3) Can I enter a ruin site, which is not revealed due to night and not engage the enemies there and end my turn? We were not able to find this in the rules

4) If a minion has ice resistance and fire attack, can I use ice block? It was not clear to us, when the blue cards are not allowed to be used due to resistance.

5) Can I recruit multiple units in on turn? We were not sure about the one action, that you are allowed to do on one turn.

6) What exactly does "interact" with village/monastery/... mean? From our understanding, you can recruit new units or by AAs and thats basically all, right?

I really appreciate the coming help.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Some effects remove resistances. Other effects decrease the enemy's armor regardless of resistance. In both of those cases, you'll be a lot happier with the token printed the way it is, instead of having twice as much armor!

2. It only gets the other token's resistances if you group them together to hit them with a single attack.

Grouping is useful to avoid 'wasting' attack-- if you have an Attack 4 and Attack 5, and you're facing enemies with Armor 3 and Armor 6, you want to group them so you can defeat both with Attack 9. If you couldn't group enemies, you'd defeat the Armor 3 enemy with one of your cards, and then have a second card that wasn't enough to beat the Armor 6... But it's not mandatory.

3. Yes, ruins are an adventure site, so you can end your turn there without going on the adventure.

4. Not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure you can use ice block just fine.

5. You can recruit multiple units in one turn-- anytime you're interacting with locals, you can 'buy' multiple things (in a monastery you could buy healing, recruit one or more units, and learn an advanced action or two... if you had enough Influence).

6. You can also buy healing. In cities, there are other options for interaction depending on the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
schmuelle wrote:
4) If a minion has ice resistance and fire attack, can I use ice block? It was not clear to us, when the blue cards are not allowed to be used due to resistance.

When a monster has fire or ice attack all non-block and non-attack effects from red cards or blue cards don't work. So you'd be able to use the ice block just fine.

As an example, lets say a monster has fire resistance. It attacks and I use the spell, "Burning Shield." The stronger effect of Burning Shield says something like (my memory may be off on the exact numbers), "Fire block 4. If the block is successful, destroy that monster."

The fire block, since it is a block effect, works against the monster just as if the monster did not have fire resistance (i.e. it is efficient against physical and cold attacks, and inefficient against fire and coldfire attacks). However, the secondary effect would not work against the monster because it is a non-block effect.

The same would be true for a monster with arcane immunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmuelle wrote:
1) City had a white defender with cold/fire resistance + physical resistance. Does this mean, that I have to do double the amount of damage either way, as fire, ice, cold/fire, and physical is not effective? This kinda made us wonder, why they did not just increase its armor directly by 2x.

Well, there are various effects (mostly from spells) that might reduce enemy armor or remove its resistances. This means you can get around the Altem Guardians by trickery; otherwise you'd just have to come up with a huge pile of attack.

Quote:
2) Same City also had another Worm Minion in it with no resistances. From what I understand, it does get the resistances from the white token. What happens now, if I kill the white token with whirlwind spell? Does the worm token keep all resistances? Is this also kinda the answer to question 1?

It only shares resistances if you attack both together. When you're in the attack phases, you can group the enemies however you want. The advantage of grouping multiple enemies is if you have an attack value larger than one enemy's armor; the disadvantage is that they share resistances. So if you attack the Worm and the Guardians together, they both have all resistances. So you might want to not do that.

Quote:
3) Can I enter a ruin site, which is not revealed due to night and not engage the enemies there and end my turn? We were not able to find this in the rules

The rules for sites are on the site description cards, and yes, you may.

Quote:

You can always use any kind of block; it's just that physical (regular) and fire block will be halved against a fire attack. The token's ice resistance has no bearing on this situation. (Except that would also make it immune to "other" effects (neither block nor attack) coming from blue cards.) It will only matter once you get to the attack phase.

Quote:
5) Can I recruit multiple units in on turn? We were not sure about the one action, that you are allowed to do on one turn.

Interacting with locals is one action, but you can recruit multiple units in the course of that interaction if they're all available from the same site. However, your reputation bonus/penalty only counts once.

Quote:
6) What exactly does "interact" with village/monastery/... mean? From our understanding, you can recruit new units or by AAs and thats basically all, right?

You can recruit units; buy AAs, spells, or artifacts; and buy healing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmuelle wrote:

You can move on a ruin site and not go on the adventure.

You won't reveal the creature until you take your action to adventure on it.

I beleive you reveal the ruin site token when you move on it at night.

and yes you can end your turn on it without attacking. same for monster den etc..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmuelle wrote:
2) Same City [White] also had another Worm Minion in it...

Why does the White city have a Worm minion, which is a brown enemy? The White city has only white and grey enemies. Perhaps you're victim to a very common error in reading the colors of that clix-base. See [geekurl=http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1180907/mage-knight-board-game]this city reference image[/geekurl] for help on that.

Don't know why the link isn't showing up, but here's the link on its own:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1180907/mage-knight-board-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Thanks a lot guys!
I dont recall if we did the last thing mentioned wrong. We might have though ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Hey guys,
yet another question came to mind.
If you use Concentration or Will Fokus on a card, that requires you to discard or pay any other cost than the mana for the stronger effect, do you still have to pay it? Or is it different, that the discard does not count as actual cost?
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you use Concentration or Will Fokus on a card, that requires you to discard or pay any other cost than the mana for the stronger effect, do you still have to pay it? Or is it different, that the discard does not count as actual cost?

Yes, you have to pay the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Here we go again.
I really appreciate the fast and precise answers btw!
In a Battle, my unit gets assigned part of the damage and takes a wound.
Can I still use it in this battle in the following attack phase?
Thematically, imo it should. The rules say though, that wounded units may not be used.
Thanks in Advance yet again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if a unit is wounded (or has been wounded in this combat), it cannot attack.

The rules are right, as strange as it can sound to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Schmuelling
msg tools
mb
Wow... I think I will make that a house rule. It seems so odd that my peasents take a bleeding but were too slow to stab back. Dunno how I would justify explaining this otherwise to our new guys. What are your thoughts? Is this rule needed for balance purposes or something?
The rule would basically make me spend my peasents to move into the battle, so they are not ready anymore, but they can however take the bleeding for me. Hmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
From a balance point of view, this rule is totally needed. The choice is: do I take damage instead of my units, so they can attack, or do I use them as cannon fodder for taking in the assault and then I'm going to strike back?
The whole game is balanced as is, and altering this, though many new players feel it "unfair" as is, would ruin most of the fun making the game too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.