Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I back a lot of projects on Kickstarter this must be number 25 or so. But I was hoping someone on here could help me understand the stretch goals. Are any of the stretch goals that are currently unlocked included in the hundred pledge or are they additional buys? Also the upgrade decks are those in included or additional 30 as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just poking at this, it did take a little bit of work to parse it all out.

Things listed under the 'Always Super! $100 Pledge Leel' banner are included free.

They are also included under the 'Blacksmith Shop' if you want to buy extras.

Updates labelled 'Loot' will be free and also available to buy more extras.

Updates labelled 'Blacksmith Shop' are only available if you purchase them. Currently, this includes the Tabbybrook Mage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cat sums it up very well.

At the moment there are two "free" stretch goals that are included in the 100$ pledge.

Also, the three upgrade packs are included in the pledge aswell. No need to buy them separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay.. I see it now.. Thanks for the quick reply... I Can always count on someone on bgg helping out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Barcena
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmb
I see all this fanboy thing about SDE, and i never played it, neither arcadia.

but really the streach goals on SDE are quite desapointing.
the real cool thing u get (like new heroes or monsters) seems to be streach add-on

what does not make sense to me.
they could just put the add-on without the streach goal.
soo to get a game with the same "value" of the Arcadia quest (looots of minis)

i will need to spend a lot more right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the stretch goals will be alternating between freebies and purchase. The 1st and 3rd were free 'Loot', the second was $10 Blacksmith.

So you will get cool freebies without spending more. And then there's the usual KS incentive that the more add-ons people buy, the more stuff gets unlocked, including more freebies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry but calling a paid add-on a "stretch goal" is oxymoronic to me. It's fine if they want to charge for extra minis but don't include them with the stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I'm sorry but calling a paid add-on a "stretch goal" is oxymoronic to me. It's fine if they want to charge for extra minis but don't include them with the stretch goals.

Stretch goals are goals that need to be met. If they don't meet that goal, then the likelyhood of them being made is nil. Molds are extremely expensive to make, so the higher the funding the more likely they can add new models. If the funding stalled out, then some of the additional models, even if they were paid add ons, wouldn't be possible to make with the amount of money they have. So the models are added when funding gets high enough to support them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.... I don't think a mini at 10 bucks is really that good of a deal. .. Im guessing they do? that's why it's a stretch goal. I I see your point as well Steve... Is probably the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkmagi wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Stretch goals are goals that need to be met. If they don't meet that goal, then the likelyhood of them being made is nil. Molds are extremely expensive to make, so the higher the funding the more likely they can add new models. If the funding stalled out, then some of the additional models, even if they were paid add ons, wouldn't be possible to make with the amount of money they have. So the models are added when funding gets high enough to support them.

They will make them eventually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I dont disagree with the way you are thinking, but SPM isnt the first to do this bu any means. CMoN has done it for most if not all of their kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
darkmagi wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

They will make them eventually

Eventually yes, but getting them all at once during the kickstarter makes more sense financially.

Also there is only so much 'free' stuff you can add during a campaign before you go into the red, so the 'paid' stuff gets added in to offset the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Stone
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The blacksmith level goals really are disappointing. The fact that there isn't a 'get all the stretch goals' pledge level seems kind of...backwards... but I guess they're trying to bank on people who want to add a bunch of additional 10$ purchases over someone like me who would spend 200$ for "BASE GAME + 2 EXPANSIONS".

I don't like feeling like i'm being nickeled and dimed. 10$ minis makes me feel that way. "Blacksmith stretch goals" makes me feel that way. Spending an additional 100$ or more for a bundle doesn't make me feel so bad.

I already dropped 200$ on Mercs this month, and i'm just now getting Myth that I dropped 150$ on (a bundle). Myth if sold in the same manner of this kickstarter it would easily have cost me 500$ or more for the same quantity of miniatures and cards.

I commented on the kickstarter page and people defended it saying "minis cost 15$ if you buy them alone!" but really... that's after a distributor and a store take their cuts. They're making more off the add-ons during the kickstarter than they will make at retail.

Oh well, I gave them 100$ because i'll get the upgrade decks at least. I'm definitely not going to buy any of the 'stretch goals'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandon123s wrote:
The blacksmith level goals really are disappointing. The fact that there isn't a 'get all the stretch goals' pledge level seems kind of...backwards... but I guess they're trying to bank on people who want to add a bunch of additional 10$ purchases over someone like me who would spend 200$ for "BASE GAME + 2 EXPANSIONS".

I don't like feeling like i'm being nickeled and dimed. 10$ minis makes me feel that way. "Blacksmith stretch goals" makes me feel that way. Spending an additional 100$ or more for a bundle doesn't make me feel so bad.

I already dropped 200$ on Mercs this month, and i'm just now getting Myth that I dropped 150$ on (a bundle). Myth if sold in the same manner of this kickstarter it would easily have cost me 500$ or more for the same quantity of miniatures and cards.

I commented on the kickstarter page and people defended it saying "minis cost 15$ if you buy them alone!" but really... that's after a distributor and a store take their cuts. They're making more off the add-ons during the kickstarter than they will make at retail.

Oh well, I gave them 100$ because i'll get the upgrade decks at least. I'm definitely not going to buy any of the 'stretch goals'.

Myth was full of addons!

Not all of the SDE stretch goals are paid add ons, some are free.

what is it about this kickstarter that has people up in arms about add on minis? every single one I have been a part of has had addons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snowren24 wrote:
Brandon123s wrote:

Myth was full of addons!

what is it about this kickstarter that has people up in arms about add on minis? every single one I have been a part of has had addons.

I get that people don't 'feel' like they are getting a good a deal. What I don't understand is why they need to complain and try and justify why they don't 'feel' it's a good deal.

Just don't buy em if you don't want em. Stop polluting the comments with your negativeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snowren24 wrote:
Brandon123s wrote:

Myth was full of addons!

I doubt this campaign will even come close to the tremendous value Myth turned out to be but time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
snowren24 wrote:
Brandon123s wrote:

Myth was full of addons!

I doubt this campaign will even come close to the tremendous value Myth turned out to be but time will tell.

Based on the first 4 stretch goals, it's not likely to reach the value of Arcadia Quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Barcena
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmb
snowren24 wrote:
Brandon123s wrote:

Myth was full of addons!

If u look at Arcadia Quest Kickstarter it have add-on, ok.

but the streach goals don't unlock it.

If they just release a Add-on Mini, people will buy it and the cost will be covered.
but with the streach goal thing, they just do teh same thing and peoble with just 100 dollars pledge dont get a thing.

Isn't a reward system, where we earn thing if the campaing is sucefull.

is a vicious system where we need to spend lots of money to be able to spend more money.

just opinion but, i dont like it =/

@Steve B.

it is a topic on a forum, if u don't like to argue, just leave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:

Based on the first 4 stretch goals, it's not likely to reach the value of Arcadia Quest.

What are you taking about ? The base 100 pledge is already equal to (or almost equal to) the value of arcadia with all it's free stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yonkon wrote:
snowren24 wrote:
Brandon123s wrote:

Myth was full of addons!

If u look at Arcadia Quest Kickstarter it have add-on, ok.

but the streach goals don't unlock it.

If they just release a Add-on Mini, people will buy it and the cost will be covered.
but with the streach goal thing, they just do teh same thing and peoble with just 100 dollars pledge dont get a thing.

Isn't a reward system, where we earn thing if the campaing is sucefull.

is a vicious system where we need to spend lots of money to be able to spend more money.

just opinion but, i dont like it =/

@Steve B.

it is a topic on a forum, if u don't like to argue, just leave

Arguments are based on facts, not 'feelings'. And I was talking about the comments on the Kickstarter, not these forums.

And Arcadia had what 15? paid addons as stretch goals so i dont know what your talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Barcena
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmb
WOah!! they have?

like what?

sculpture hearts and tokens taht i can get free AND add-on if i want more? is taht what are your talking about?

hope i win a miniature head in SDE without add-on XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yonkon wrote:
WOah!! they have?

like what?

sculpture hearts and tokens taht i can get free AND add-on if i want more? is taht what are your talking about?

hope i win a miniature head in SDE without add-on XD

Bob, Pigsy, Nibbles, Zahra, Elysia, the Beyond the grave expansion, and all the tokens needed to replace fully the cardboard ones in the base game are all add-on stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Barcena
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmb
so what is the streach goals numbers that i got nothing but teh add-on unlock?

and what streach goals giv-me Bob Pigsy Nibbles and Zahra?

u are making a mistake here my friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Barcena
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmb
the 2 only streach goals that i can blame are:

Elysia and Monster Cards ones.

but lets see what SDE is hidding from us right.
but i guess the Next Spawn Streach will be a Blacksmith one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Barcena
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmb
And the Princess Mononoke Mini worth 15 $. Sandly i cant pick it only T___T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.