SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: 14/5/2014 Now down to £26 delivered.

This seems to be the lowest price around for Bremerhaven. Amazon UK has it for £28.66 delivered just now. It's been dropping about 2 quid every few days, so it might go cheaper yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [AMAZON UK] Bremerhaven under £29 delivered
This is back down to £27.16 now delivered from Amazon UK. This is probably a response to the offer on the side from A2B Shopping Ltd, £27.00 with free delivery. You pays yer money...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [AMAZON UK] Bremerhaven under £29 delivered
£26.00 now, but still the same 12 in stock. I don't quite know why they aren't shifting - if I hadn't already bought a MUCH more expensive copy from Lookout some time ago I'd be having one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
£26.00 now, but still the same 12 in stock. I don't quite know why they aren't shifting - if I hadn't already bought a MUCH more expensive copy from Lookout some time ago I'd be having one.

Thanks, I've updated the title.

I think it's an unknown game. Under 200 ratings and it's only 6.64/10. It looks like le Havre but it's not Uwe, so it's not touched. We have a club copy but it's not got much attention.

What do you like about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For once, I'm a sucker for a theme. I spent my life in the shipping industry one way or another, and anything to do with ships and harbours floats my boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 left @ £24.95

Be time to buy for stock soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The art style doesn't grab my attention and from the lack of run throughs, reviews and articles out there, it seems that it doesn't grab reviewers' attentions either. It doesn't mean it is a boring game at all, just that it is hard to get a feel for it online.

What itch does it scratch? What is the game good at? I've read some reviews but I'm still unable to say myself. While the price is tempting, I think I'll need to play this one first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer you question in terms of game-play per se. The itch it scratches for me is the memory of spending many 24-hour working days in ports and harbours in Europe, Africa and the Middle East: catching a few minutes of sleep here and there in a chain locker or somesuch at stevedore shift-changeovers and clambering in and out of deep cargo holds, often in 50 degree 90% humidity!

I don't think the theme is necessarily as appealing to a wide audience as trains, or elves, or spaceships though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, it sounds like that life is an ordeal!

A number of reviews state that it is a 'solid worker placement' game, so it's still definitely on my radar. It's all a question of willpower...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a combo, really. Worker placement flavours of Caylus, maybe? Some blind bidding, but no out-and-out blocking (you can buy what you didn't win). Some 'Francis Drake-like' prioritisation (by rank, not 'fleet number') and so on. Cargoes 'expire', ships 'sail away' with cargo still on board if you didn't unload them quickly enough. Simultaneous actions (if you can find enough players to play it often enough to get familiar).

If you compare and contrast it to other games selling for the same, it's a kind of 'no-brainer' - but only if it's going to get played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.