Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON has dropped the ball again and made a major mistake with the wave 2 promo characters for season 2. 13 of the characters are missing the numbers on their experience track rendering their stat cards useless. According to another bgg memeber CMON has said in a facebook comment they are not planning to do anything about this issue and I'm sorry that is unnaceptable. Everyone should take a second and email CMON and express this point and demand they do something about it or issue refunds. If the need time that's fine but they shouldn't be allowed to just ignore the problem. Here is a picture:

Email: support@coolminiornot.com, guru@guillotinegames.com

Update: voice your opinion here:

https://www.facebook.com/GuillotineGames/posts/1020337689140...

and here:

https://twitter.com/coolmini_or_not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is especially unacceptable since if you bought all optional survivors you've spent $60 (not counting guest artists boxes, which are apparently fine). If CMON does not rectify this they will have my business no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
It is especially unacceptable since if you bought all optional survivors you've spent $60 (not counting guest artists boxes, which are apparently fine). If CMON does not rectify this they will have my business no more.

Please email them, they need to hear from customers and this might make them reconsider not taking action. If people don't speak up companies get away with this crap. They made millions on kickstarter so far, they can reprint some cardboard and eat their mistake. We shouldn't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nowakowski
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cleaner look. Unless your playing 300 I don't see the need for the numbers. It seems clear to me when you go from blue to yellow and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sunnyjessand rob wrote:
I like the cleaner look. Unless your playing 300 I don't see the need for the numbers. It seems clear to me when you go from blue to yellow and so on.

It's not a "cleaner look" it's a mistake. When you get up in numbers it will be harder to track. The grid is small enough as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
While i completely understand why its fustrating, i dont think its a game breaking problem. Its easy to re-print your own if it REALLY bothers you, and since counting off a few kills is not a big deal its not like the survivors are not playable without numbers..

Dont get me wrong, i think its poor of them to NOT offer replacements to those who want them, but dont think its worth them stepping up and reprinting every single copy and re-sending them out... The least they should do is offer a replacement card mailed if you emailed them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Telnets wrote:
While i completely understand why its fustrating, i dont think its a game breaking problem. Its easy to re-print your own if it REALLY bothers you, and since counting off a few kills is not a big deal its not like the survivors are not playable without numbers..

Dont get me wrong, i think its poor of them to NOT offer replacements to those who want them, but dont think its worth them stepping up and reprinting every single copy and re-sending them out... The least they should do is offer a replacement card mailed if you emailed them.

For the money I spent I shouldn't have to print my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if I`m paying for the product I want it to be perfect.
its like you bought a tv with a remote control without a numbers, but hey, you can always put a stickers. come on. what up with you peeps these days. are you taking everything as it goes?

if this is the case - CMON should reprint it and send all the backers correct cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
if I`m paying for the product I want it to be perfect.

I think this is the crux of the issue. If these survivors were all free I don't think I would mind that much, but since I have spent $60 on the optional survivors I don't expect anything less than perfect delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telnets wrote:

I'm fine if people who don't want them replaced don't get replacements. But if half the backers e-mail them saying it's a problem, hopefully they'll listen and offer to do something to fix it.

I e-mailed them already letting them know that I thought replacing the cards is the solution that they should take, and that how they respond to mistakes like this is what I use to decide if I back their next project.

I also thanked them for improving their communication and how much smoother the shipping side of this wave was going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's disappointing to hear that and it's disappointing to hear that CMoN doesn't care. At the very least, they should offer to give out refunds if you want to return the character. If they're worried about shipping expense, they could offer to ship it with other projects they run. Many people are repeat backers for them so that would at least resolve the issue for them. It's not a huge cost for them to print a new card off, the main cost is the shipping.

Is the quality control so bad that they didn't notice this? Jeez... I hope they hire someone to do some quality control over there, I won't be happy if we have similar issues with AQ when it gets released.

At least it's playable though... still disappointed but it could be worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and for people emailing them.... it's far better to post on their facebook page. That is much more public and they are more likely to care. Companies don't want their facebook page to have a bunch of outraged customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain why the numbers matter again? I think it actually looks better without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
and for people emailing them.... it's far better to post on their facebook page. That is much more public and they are more likely to care. Companies don't want their facebook page to have a bunch of outraged customers.

We could hijack the comments of their Facebook posts, but CMON hasn't let people post directly to their page since some people clogged it up wondering where the first wave of their Season 2 was a couple months after Gen Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Can someone explain why the numbers matter again? I think it actually looks better without.

is you fo` real? ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Elrick
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My OCD is flaring pretty hard right now. I can't have most of my characters with numbers and a handful without. Someone pinch me, this is a bad dream and I need to wake up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
skyzero wrote:

is you fo` real? ;-)

I agree. Why the obsession with the numbers? Surely the important statistic is the threat level coloured zone you are in?

I completely understand why people are upset that they didn't get what they were expecting to get, but missing numbers? Does not render them useless surely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well honestly... it's going to be pretty annoying in terms of strategic planning. A big part of the game is timing when you level up. The simple question of, "What experience are you at?" or "How many kills are you away from the next level" will take a lot more time to figure out without the numbers on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Well honestly... it's going to be pretty annoying in terms of strategic planning. A big part of the game is timing when you level up. The simple question of, "What experience are you at?" or "How many kills are you away from the next level" will take a lot more time to figure out without the numbers on them.

exactly. we gonna count EXP right now? for every Hero? while playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand some people preferring the look of the mis-printed cards but when playing the game it's a pain. The boxes are already small and especially once you're into yellow with some decent equipment you are moving the marker several points at a time and it's far easier to just do this by working out the maths than counting each individual one (plus you can just work it out at the end of the turn). The fact is that there is also an inconsistency between all the current cards and the new ones which has been caused by a production error. This is either the fault of whoever printed the cars for CMON, or CMON themselves for not quality checking close enough. Either way, they should be making it correct because this was not an issue caused by backers. To be dismissive of backers and just say this is how it is now is incredibly poor customer relations.

I won't be e-mailing just yet because we do not know whether the issue is widespread yet and will effect everybody. But once I have received mine I will definitely be complaining if they are like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the very least, they should update the companion app so we can use that. Has that thing even been updated for the base season 2 heroes yet though? It's pretty disappointing how that thing has been neglected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I can understand some people preferring the look of the mis-printed cards but when playing the game it's a pain. The boxes are already small and especially once you're into yellow with some decent equipment you are moving the marker several points at a time and it's far easier to just do this by working out the maths than counting each individual one (plus you can just work it out at the end of the turn). The fact is that there is also an inconsistency between all the current cards and the new ones which has been caused by a production error. This is either the fault of whoever printed the cars for CMON, or CMON themselves for not quality checking close enough. Either way, they should be making it correct because this was not an issue caused by backers. To be dismissive of backers and just say this is how it is now is incredibly poor customer relations.

I won't be e-mailing just yet because we do not know whether the issue is widespread yet and will effect everybody. But once I have received mine I will definitely be complaining if they are like this.

Likewise.

This is not acceptable.

Not acceptable by half.

I too will be emailing CMON and demanding replacements if mine are not correct.

And I will be CCing any such email to Guillotine Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
At the very least, they should update the companion app so we can use that. Has that thing even been updated for the base season 2 heroes yet though? It's pretty disappointing how that thing has been neglected.

Apparently it is being worked on.

Does it have any of the Season 1 promos, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nowakowski
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess if a refund was made available, no one would send back there mini's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:

Apparently it is being worked on.

Does it have any of the Season 1 promos, though?

It's been awhile since I've loaded it up because it has so few survivors. Last I used it, it had Dave and 2 other promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.