Duncan McEwen
United States
Ottawa Hills
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang,

Just FYI, I am leading an effort to re-write Leviathan to what I am calling version 3.0. (Someone already made a stab at 2.0, so hence 3.0). We are discussing it on the renleg Yahoo Group. Please feel free to join and share your opinion.

The idea is to keep the basic framework of the existing game rather than do a conversion to another system as some other people have done. However, I also want to update and streamline the game.

Thanks,
Duncan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bunch

Triangle
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to help playtest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be actually interesting game to bring to modern times. Certainly more interesting than Star Wars Armada. It had so many things right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan McEwen
United States
Ottawa Hills
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang,

Well I tried to build consensus on upgrading Leviathan, but the project broke down over strong disagreement over the changes I was proposing. I think it is a case where everyone has different ideas and never will everyone see eye to eye. The disagreements cost me my drive for the project. If anyone wants to see my proposals, I will gladly share them.

Thanks,
Duncan

P.S. Don't knock Armada. I was initially opposed to it, but after reviewing the rules they had some really good ideas. I think it is a really good game that captures the "feel" of fleet combat in space. That said, I wish they had made the minis to scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hart
United States
DPO
AP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of minis... I am making them now. Check out www.thingiverse.com keyword: Leviathan. If you have a 3D printer you can print them out. I have already proofed most of them. They are good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, uh, status?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.